AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Sammy HLN507 (v211) developed the dreaded three blinking lights after about 55 days. A new light engine was installed and the tech has been out twice to fix geometry issues, he just left from the second visit.

After the first visit, the screen had a noticeable tilt, the upper left corner was higher than the upper right. This is mostly noticeable when I use my HTPC through DVI. Also, the focus in the upper left corner is slightly off, while the rest of the screen is completely sharp. I notice this most when surfing using Explorer or using Rhapsody (the text is slightly blurry in the upper left corner).

Second visit - The geometry is straight across the top of the screen, the lower left corner is maybe 1mm lower than the right corner. The problem - the focus is still soft in the upper left corner. The rest of the screen, corner to corner is completely sharp. This is only an issue when I use my HTPC (which is a lot). It is not unwatchable, just annoying, especially for me since I know it is there. You can't see it when watching a video, things are happening too fast, plus the picture is softer.

My questions -

Any Sammy users care to comment on their geometry and focus? (Especially HTPC users)

Am I crazy? Should I just let it go and say this is as good as it gets, or can this set achieve perfect edge to edge focus in every corner?

The Tech said he will order a new light engine and see if it is any better. We'll see.

Sean

·
Registered
389 Posts
With each light engine change put on black, blue and white screens. Make SURE all your mirrors are working, and not stuck either on or off. I know this is not your question, but I am going through a new light engine change also.

Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.