AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy 507 - Is this normal?

433 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  htwaits 
#1 ·
I've noticed from time to time on different parts of the screen there appears to be light flickering or more like pulsing. Another way to describe it would be the way household lights may dip or flicker when your A/C or fridge kick in. I've inspected the screen closely and have ruled out mpeg artifacting. I'm wondering if anyone has seen this with their Samsung DLP? Could it be bad power or is this normal since the DLP runs at 60MHz.

Thanks

#2 ·
I also have the 507 and have not noticed the strobing effect. Others that own the sammy have had similar problems. It may be a defective light engine. I think the newer ones with the new boards v214 do not have that problem, but I could be wrong. I still have v204. It could be one of several problems, i.e; light engine, firmware, or your local power company.

#4 ·
It can also be the TV.

If it isn't the TV then check to see if you have the TV sharing a circut with any electric motors -- fridg, dishwasher, drier, washing machine, etc.

If you think you need a line conditioner check out the thread on that topic in this forum.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...20#post2401120

#5 ·
Along these lines, has anyone experimented with using a voltage regulator with a Sammy or any other set? I've tested my outlets and they can vary quite a bit depending on time of day. I've noticed I get better PQ at some times than others. Coincidence?

I have a separate spur to my system, so other devices should, theoretically, not have an effect.

#6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Michael
Along these lines, has anyone experimented with using a voltage regulator with a Sammy or any other set? I've tested my outlets and they can vary quite a bit depending on time of day. I've noticed I get better PQ at some times than others. Coincidence?

I have a separate spur to my system, so other devices should, theoretically, not have an effect.
I'm not technically competent to answer your question but I have always thought that a line conditioner keeps voltage within proper limits. My UPS also has surge suppression and line conditioning. I hope it is regulating the voltage. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.