AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See deals on 55" 8000,7000 and 650. Have been looking for a long time and think this may be it. I look at the LEDs because I have heard their brightness does not diminish with age. Is this true and what would be my best choice? Looking towards football season. Is the 240Hz worth the extra cost of the 8000?

Is this aq good time to buy?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would imagine the 8000's will be dropping in price, very soon. 8500's will be out first week of September, and use local dimming, as opposed to 8000's edge lighting. The edge lighting was a deal breaker for me. If it doesn't bother you, go for the 8000. It has an incredible picture, with a small distraction of patchy light during dark scenes. You should be able to get it for well under 3K soon. Also remember, you can haggle with places like BestBuy. I got them to knock off $300, on top of the $3199 sale price of the 8000. Plus they threw in a few extra things as well.

As far as brightness dimmishing, I would imagine it would dim eventually, but we're talking years and years and years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts