Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Just want to know what you think about my current setup on the sammy 56 inch DLP and the stand. Iam using a bello plasma stand as you can see below. The set has some serious overage with the dlp on both sides. Plus it sits higher then the normal stands samsung sells.

Do you think this could be a problem for the tv with the overage? and is this to high for DLP viewing?

Eight months into this thing so I am learning but still somewhat of a newbe.

BIG JJL

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice on the bello.

As to the remark on my camera... I am using the digital camera on my cell phone. I took a couple more pics that came out a little better.

Check them out and let me know what you think!!!

Big JJL

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
How tall is the stand? I have a 467 and in my viewing environment anywhere from 18"-22" seems to be the sweet spot. I've ordered some furniture from Salamander Designs that will be approx. 21" tall.

I'd be nervous with the TV hanging over the stand. I have my set resting on some metal, Container Store furniture and it swivels rather easily. You may wish to put down an area rug gripper pad to keep it from sliding, or something else with some texture.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The stand is about 28 inches high.

I originally had a 507 and it fit perfect on this stand with awesome picture quality. I now have the 567 and I guess I was trying to get away with this stand in hopes of not spending additional money on another stand which would then leave me with two stands.

Big JJL

·
Registered
366 Posts
Professor Dave has it right. I just put in an order for a 567W with the 2050MC stand from Bell'o, available at bello.com (I can't post a link since I'm a new poster)

I was told that the official stand is very hard to come by, and I wanted to get out of being locked into a new stand (and having to sell the TV with the stand when I look to switch in the future). I did some research and the 2050 stood out among all stands with sufficient width to hold the 56, it's wide enough with an inch to spare on either side.

When I got to Tweeter and asked the salesman what they carried that would complement it, he pulled out the Bell'o catalog and paged right to that model, confirming my thoughts. Of course it's special order so I'm forced to wait now.

Good luck with your setup, and no worries about the camera phone. It did its job just fine.

·
Coyote Waits
27,309 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by BigJJL
... and is this to high for DLP viewing?

BIG JJL
At that height it probably needs to be tipped toward you unless you are sitting in a high chair. Your eyes should be as close to parallel with the center of the screen as possible. The vertical viewing angle is very narrow on the Samsung DLP sets so it must look pretty dark from a normal sitting height,

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
st_nick,

thanks for the insight on the stand. I will definatly look into that. How do you think it compares to samsungs stand for the 567 if you had your choice between the two with no wait?

htwaits,

What is the optimal viewing distance for this set? and when you say the vertical viewing angle is narrow on dlp's do you basically mean it is better to look down at the set than up?

Big JJL

·
Coyote Waits
27,309 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by BigJJL
htwaits,

What is the optimal viewing distance for this set? and when you say the vertical viewing angle is narrow on dlp's do you basically mean it is better to look down at the set than up?

Big JJL
No. As you move up or down from center you will notice the image getting darker very soon. If you keep your eyes centered you can move side to side with out that starting to happen until the angle is quite large. In either case sitting further back gives you more space to see a good picture. Of course, the close you sit the more absorbed you may get in something like a good movie.

Everyone has a different idea about distance. I have to sit 9' from the set or closer. It works fine for me at 9'. Others like to get a little further back. Like life ... it depends. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
366 Posts
BigJJL, good question.

Having bought a wonderful Tech Craft stand to go with my 36XBR400 I can speak for the value of having a matching stand, but now in trying to sell it the stand is causing me problems in that people want to put it in their existing furniture.

So I'd probably go with the Bell'o anyway, the Samsung is comparable in price and I think the Bell'o will be more future proof for me. And I like cherry-look furniture so that tips the scales. The Samsung stand is sharp looking though if they ever actually distribute them in sufficient numbers.

A couple of the links on the HLN617 thread look good too but would be too wide for the 567W. Specifically the Tech craft Monaco, which I'd probably buy over all of these if the width was right.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Good answers by Les (htwaits).

Like Andrew67, I have my DLP on a 21" high Salamander Synergy stand. Steady as a rock and just the right height. Any higher and the picture would start to darken.

We watch our 43" from 8-9'. I start to see individual pixels if I get much closer. YMMV.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks, for all the good insight and replys by everyone.

How would the stand for the 617 DLP work in place of the 567 stand because I live in the Detroit area and you cannot get or find the 567 sammy stand anywhere?

Just looking for feedback...

Big JJL

·
Registered
366 Posts
The 61" is bigger than the 56" and since they're square-framed I imagine it would fit fine, but there would be (according to the dimensions of each set) about 3" of empty space on each side. The stand would then lose its matching quality, and then it would come down to build quality and aesthetics, which is up to you to judge since I haven't seen any of the Samsung stands in person

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm in Boston myself. Was told that Tweeter had gotten 3 (ever) and sold 20 already despite that fact (people want them). That backlog was supposed to clear up in mid-October but by then they expected to have sold more. So it's a tossup if there will be any "in stock" in the next month or two.

My 567 is waiting on a Bell'o special order (3 weeks beats 5 weeks waiting and I like it in any case) of a 2050MC. Good luck finding the 567 stand anywhwere.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.