AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering the RCA or Sammy 61 inch DLP and need a stand that has the ability to hold 7 components.

The problem components include:

9 inch tall center channel.

18 inch deep DVD changer

7.5 inch tall receiver (add another 3 or 4 inches to the 7.5 for breathing room).

Suggestions?

·
Registered
714 Posts
I'd suspect you would have to have one built to meet all of your requirements, escpecially for seven components. Or, you will have to consider a stand for the TV, and a seperate component rack for the stuff that won't fit.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I think mike_pro is dead-on in this case. You'll probably need a custom stand built if you want it to hold all of that and also leave your 617W at the proper viewing height, remember that DLP suffers from limited optimal vertical viewing angle.

Your other option would be to get a separate component rack to place next to your TV/stand. Tech Craft and Bell'o are known for making nice matching sets.

The PVT58, mentioned by sam 2003, looks great with a 617W (there was a photo on an earlier thread), and can be accompanied by one or more PHR48 component racks, or VR51X if you prefer a closed design. I use a 51X myself as a component rack, dating back to when I had a Sony 36".

I was also considering a Bell'o AVSC-2500, but considering its price (MSRP around $1500) and the fact that it wouldn't quite hold all my components I had to pass on it.

note: I have no interest in any of these products or companies, I just did some research for a 567W lately. Unfortunately the stand I chose, the Bell'o 2050MC, is too narrow for the 617. I probably would have gone with the PVT58 had I bought a 61" instead. The 56" also includes a handy center-speaker shelf on the top which saves me some space in my stand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.