Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've been shopping around for a new Sammy and I'm about to pull the trigger on an HLN567W. Because it's a major investment for me, I just wanted to get a few opinions from fellow owners/shoppers on my price. I won't mention where I'm buying (rule violation?), but my total cost will be $4,000. I'm wondering if this is a good deal or if I should anticipate a price drop on the HLN's in the next few months due to the arrival of the newer models? Any opinions...

Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
The best price I found was at Sunshine Electronics

shopsunshine

dot

com

Call them, they will beat any price! And when I complained that the shipping was a bit high, they thru in a DVD/VCR combo deck!

They shipped my Sammy via truck, they wrapped the box in plastic and then strapped it all to a wood pallet. It arrived in perfect condition 6 days after ordering.

One thing I recomend is an extended warranty, with IN HOME service.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Steve - if you don't mind my asking, where did you purchase your HLN467W? I have been looking into buying one. You can PM me if you want. Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just purchased an HLN437W from one call dot com. After reading this thread, I checked shop sunshine dot com and checked their price. After shipping, it was about $300 less.

I called a rep at my store and he told me that the other store was not an authorized dealer. He gave me several scenarios on reasons not to go with a non-authorized dealer. I ended up not being so disappointed after all.

I'm not trying to preach, but you may want to consider this when making your purchase.

-Ferdie

·
Registered
172 Posts
I did not mean to mislead anyone. I purchased the TV through a friends and family discount program.

I highly recommend the TV. The only thing I don't like is the humming/buzzing sound.

Steve

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I agree. Infact, I would always go a step ahead and make an in-store purchase for such big items. Mostly bcoz, some of these websites do not support (after sales) TVs that well and in fact most of them do not offer returns on them at all! Some do, but in-store is the best. Yes, you do end up paying abt $300 more but what is $300 divided over 5 years (if I think of 5 yrs as the life of TV). The only exception for an online store I would make is Crutchfield. They have great customer support. And yes, do def. buy the extended warranty. Might save a lot of head & heart aches later! Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am looking into a hln567w and have been searching the net. the best price I can find is

hdtvtime dot com

I am just very worried about this large of a purchase from an unknown dealer even though there is several hundred dollars savings.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dlp_steve
I did not mean to mislead anyone. I purchased the TV through a friends and family discount program.
I thought that deal sounded too good to be true. :D Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
316 Posts
i just got my dlp 50 inch for 2400 :)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mjf007
Hi all,

I won't mention where I'm buying (rule violation?), but my total cost will be $4,000.

Thanks
If you could PM me where you're getting it from I'd appreciate it. I'm also looking to get the 567W.

·
Registered
174 Posts
That definitely looks like a good deal to me, as long as the place is reputable. As others have said, I'm willing to pay a little more for peace of mind. That doesn't necessarily not buying online. I just check feedback on the store. If it's almost all positive, it's good enough for me. I just found the HLN437W for $3000 including in-home delivery. But the 567W for just $1000 more? hmmm...can you PM me as well? hehe

PS: Anyone have $1000 I can borrow? :p

·
Registered
121 Posts
There are sales to be had , my hln567w was less then $4100 with a full in house 5 year warranty, and that warranty cost about $301 band new and from a local brick & mortar, and that was 4 months ago:)

Jim

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you are willing to haggle, don't forget your local big box retailer. Some of them are VERY aggressive on pricing if you are a serious buyer. These sets are available in limited quantities, and the stores want to keep their allocations. It's not unlilke car dealers that have a hot model. They would rather cut their margin than lose the number of sets coming on the next truck.

I just purchased a new HLN617W from my local big box for $1600.00 under list price. Awesome set.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I did in fact purchase my Sammy on line. I purchased it from shop sunshine dot com, after "finding" them on EBAY. Their EBAY rating is Feedback Score:

_

_

Positive Feedback:

97.3%

When I called the salesperson was a bit curt, but I have the comfort of the in home warranty. Since it was an out of state purchase I didn't have any sales tax to pay, and the bottom line is that even with the shipping, I saved $700 over the best price I could find locally. I had only three local options, Best Buy, Circut City and a Big Screen retailer. Circut City was the highest and wouldn't consider anything less than their listed price. Best Buy had a better price, and the sales person offered a $150 in store merchandise credit as an incentive. The last retailer was unwilling to consider anything less than full retail claiming I was lucky to even find a set!

So, for me the on line purchase turned out great. As stated, the set arrived in less than a week. Maybe I just got lucky?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.