Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just got my new Sammy on Saturday and have loved it. Then yesterday I noticed that when the picture was in 4x3 aspect ratio there was a bar of low light pixels right on the edge of the left hand side of the picture, kind of shimmering. This bar runs right along side where the picture would end in 4/3 ratio. I am not sure if it should be part of the picture. When I go to another aspect ratio it does not seem to be there, although it could be masked by the picture. When I change inputs and my screen goes temporally black I see this white bar about 1/2 inch thick run down the left had part of the screen, about 4-5 inches from the left edge of the screen. This is a difficult problem to describe. I thought maybe it was a input problem, but this occurs both through my directivo unit and the Zenith HD receiver. Any ideas what this might be?

AJ

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody have any thoughts on this issue. May plan is to reconnect everything this weekend. I do not beleive that this an internal reflection problem.

AJ

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I have a purple line on the left hand side of my HLN467W. It's only there for 4:3 material and it seems to disappear when there's an image on the screen. I haven't read or seen anything about a white line.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is a hard problem to describe. Mine could be considered purple, however, it is a line of activated pixels only seen on 4x3. What type of connection do you use? Does this show up on every connection you have? Do you think this line is part of the picture or additional to the 4x3 picture, lining up right along the side of the picture? Have you pursued any avenue for this problem?

AJ

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes. I noticed it too, but only on 4:3 MPEG 1 File played in Zoom Player. When I play it with another player, I don't see the line.

I get dithering on Channel 13 using S-VIDEO though.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I see it with the Tivo on s-video. Haven't thought about resolving the problem because it's only visible when the screen is black. It runs down the left edge of the 4:3 screen, and it's outside the picture so there is no corruption of a displayed image. It's more of a distraction than anything else. I think it's just an artifact of how the TV is scaling the 4:3 image to fit on a 16:9 screen.

BTW, this is only a problem with a black (blank) 4:3 picture. If I had a purple line running down the left hand side of a 16:9 picture, then I'd be upset.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine is visable right along side the picture in 4x3 aspect. Its a line about 1/2 inch wide that runs right along side the picture. Its hard to determine if it is additional to the picture or if it should be part of it. Is this a artifact of an S-video connection. The problem with that theory is that I can see on a component connection too.

So what is it? Something wrong with the TV? I did not notice this at all when I first got it. Anybody contact Samsung about this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.