Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good mornin' y'all!

Just picked up the 567W from a store in DE (no sales tax)... and I'm at a crossroads for my audio situation... here's the setup:

I have the comcast's HD set top box's composite video and ONE audio out going to Tivo, the component going direct to the Sammy in component 2... (No DVI yet from comcast)

SD Tivo video then goes S-Video to the Sammy with the audio going to stereo/HTheater

xbox HD pack connected to Component 1 - Audio going into TV

DVD video will be DVI to the sammy with the audio going to the 5.1 input in the Htheater...

So if I'm watching SD from the tivo, everything's in sync... if I switch to a HD channel, the audio is still being routed thru the tivo, and is a couple of seconds behind... I was going to split the audio from the comcast box and send it to another input on the receiver... until Tivo comes out with their HD PRV (which I'm NOT looking forward to having to cough up for)... is there another solution?

I'm thinking it's the best scenerio, but wanted to get some feedback... thoughts?

-b

·
Registered
32 Posts
bmax,

When Tivo receives a live signal it digitizes the signal, saves it to the hard drive, reads it from the hard drive, and then finally converts it back into an analog signal again. All of this activity takes time which is the time delay you are noticing. You will need to bypass Tivo to have your sound in sync with your component input.

Good luck.

Does Comcast's HD set top box have a digital audio out?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Surf,

Exactly... & that's the problem, the motorola box only has ONE rca audio out, and a SPDIF out.. in the pic, my firewire ports are installed...

I could also loop the audio thru the tape monitor in the reciever, but I don't want to degrade the signal too much...

-B

Quote:
Originally posted by surfnutbry
bmax,

When Tivo receives a live signal it digitizes the signal, saves it to the hard drive, reads it from the hard drive, and then finally converts it back into an analog signal again. All of this activity takes time which is the time delay you are noticing. You will need to bypass Tivo to have your sound in sync with your component input.

Good luck.

Does Comcast's HD set top box have a digital audio out?

·
Registered
32 Posts
In the past I have used y cables to split the audio. They are not very expensive and it may be worth a try. I have a picture of a cheap one but maybe you could find a better one. This way the sound is never processed. You will have to test to see if the cable box can support two audio receivers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.