AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently building a custom cabinet for my upcoming Sammy. Could one of you who are already blessed with having it provide me with the TOP VIEW Dimensions for this set?

Thank you so much!

qf

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone??

I have the standard dimensions of the set, but that is unfortuately not enough when making this cabinet. I have searched all around the bay area and the only place that carries it is out and cannot measure them.

Man...I've never seen a TV so hard to find before... :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I guess you never tried to find a Toshiba 57HLX82.

Anyhow, I'm not quite sure what dimensions you're after--the depth of the screen top, maybe? (it's not much.)

The Samsung website has a real neat feature that allows you to view the set from any angle:
http://www.samsungusa.com/cgi-bin/na...N567WX%252fXAA

Click on 3-D Image. Maybe that will help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rgrossman,

Thanks. I have looked at the feature on the samsung site before and it is nice, but unfortunately doesn't give out dimensions.

What I'm looking for is the dimensions of the TV if you were looking at it from above. This will let me know how far both sides go back before they begin to "taper in".

The other measurement it will give is how wide the tv is from the back. The front is 49.9" wide but the back is what I need to know.

Thanks

qf

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mrquickfire
I have searched all around the bay area and the only place that carries it is out and cannot measure them.

Man...I've never seen a TV so hard to find before... :)

Thanks!
Magnolia Hi-Fi in Santa Clara had one on display just a few days ago but it seems to be gone now. Your timing is bad!

The Palo Alto Magnolia Hi-Fi has the HLN567 on display. For cabinet work you would probably be better off getting your own measurements.

You could also call Will (the manager) at the Santa Clara store and find out when he expects to have one on display again.

Magnolia has nine in stock today. Where are you getting yours from?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Les,

Thanks for the reply. I spoke with Will today and cofirmed that they were all out. The next batch comes in on Sept. 30th. I'm glad you mentioned Palo Alto Mag Hi Fi - I hadn't thought about them. I might try and go measure Thursday - hopefully it will still be there.

I haven't finalized where I am getting mine yet - since my cabinet was taking some time, I thought I would lay low and see what came up. I know TV Authority is supposed to get a bunch *sometime*. Mag-Hi-Fi I know will have them but might be expensive. I spoke to a Tweeter in Southern Cal. and they might work out a deal as well.

Who knows...if the difference isn't that big I might as well purchase it locally so I have the peace of mind that if anything happens there is a store I can come back to.

Thanks

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Will's support of his customers has impressed me. That's why I will buy in Santa Clara instead of Palo Alto. If you talk to him again tell him we met at AVS Forums.

Good luck.

·
Registered
212 Posts
The top goes back 6 1/2 inches before it starts to dip. The center speaker platform goes straight back for 9 inches before it starts to dip. The platform starts in 12 inches from both right and left sides. K?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.