AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Samsung PN50C6500 plasma now for around 6 months and I just noticed it buzzes. I recently moved it out of my livingroom and into a smaller theater room and im thinking it always buzzed but i didnt notice it because of it being in a larger room. Even with the surround sound going my ear can pick up on it and its driving me crazy. Is this a manufacuter defect or is this one of the draw backs of owning a plasma? Would having it calibrated solve the problem? Also noticed that burn in is an issue even if paused for a very short time. Any help and or input would be appreciated... I'm thinking I should have bought the G20.....thx

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
.. does it buzz all the time (or) when very white images are on the screen. If all the time, heard of some gently moving the parameter of the back of the TV feeling if there are any lose screws & then, gently snuggin' them. If during a very white image, could be a inside board that is not mounted well.

doubt "burn-in", but probably IR (image retention); how many hours on set(?) run some Disney/Pixar films or the Cartoon Network (HD) & see if it helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
buzzes all the time but it gets louder when the screen goes white. As far as image retention the tv has over 700 hours of use and i ran the anti burn in color flashes for 200 hours as per recomended. I mite just have a lemon...

·
Registered
15,529 Posts
If you spent any time on this forum, you'd know that this is a well known problem with Samsung plasmas. And their customer service is not very good. You will have to call them numerous times. Try to have them swap it out for a new display (they will never be able to fix it). You can also try calling the store you bought it at, but at 6 months, they will likely just refer you to Samsung. All plasmas buzz (it's inherent in the technology), but a higher % of Samsungs seem to buzz loudly enough to be annoying. It has nothing to do with calibration. And no, you don't have burn-in, just temporary image retention which goes away over time (also more likely with Samsung plasmas than other brands). Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts