AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ran a calibration on a Samsung 40LNA550, and got two results that got my attention. 1) At 30IRE, I have a huge Red peak (+20%)and a huge Blue trough (-20%). 20 and 40 IRE are pretty good. The rest of the GS looks great (deltaE less than 2). I've tried decreasing R-off, increasing B-off, and then compensating with the R and B gains, but I can never flatten out the humps at 30IRE. Has anyone else seen this, and is there a good compromise that minimizes the humps? Everything so far has been with the user controls, and with signal from an Accupel HDG3000. 2) I was surprised that the locations of the primaries was pretty far off, especially Green (deltaE about 15 using HDMI input, Accupel, and 1080i input with REC709 coordinate system). I can balance luminance for all colors, and get the secondaries to move to their target, but I can't find anyway to get the primaries closer to REC709 coordinates. Is there anything I can do to get the primaries closer to their target?

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Nothing you can do. You can't make the triangle bigger. Only smaller.

If this is typical of other Samsung LCDs ... top sliver of green down to yellow is cut off. You have to compromise. Nothing more.

Regards

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.