AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building my first house and have been researching DLP's mainly and was planning on buying a sammy HL-P5085W until I read all the negative posts about gaming and sound sync errors. The toshiba hm5294 i found for a great price . I went to the store today and saw the Sony KDF-55WF655 55-IN HDTV lcd rear projection and was suprised at the quality.

I plan to mainly use my surround sound system mainly for sound.

I want a problem free HD , ps2 , and dvd experience. ANY HELP? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

The Sony is far more tweakable than this particular Toshiba unit. The Toshiba has little potential beyond what you see OOTB ... the Sony unit can be further improved.

Regards

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am now considering the KDF-55WF655 9discontinued but can still buy) with the replacement the 55 A20 wega from sony, any input?

·
Registered
221 Posts
i have the 5085w, i love it . honestly i game on it with xbox and gamecube and i dont know what people are talking about. no problems here. the only thing that irks me is the occasional smudges, which you can get rid of quickly by wiping them with a cloth. i just had an isf tech over to calibrate it .it looks awsome. you can get the 5085w's for real cheap now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.