AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know Sams Club return policy? I asked 3 people there and got 3 answers.......... unlimted with receipt, 3 months and 2 weeks!

I have to return my Samsung 4212 due to the SD clay face issue.....it is driving me nuts. Wish I didn't because I love the unit otherwize. CURSE you SAMSUNG!

·
Registered
318 Posts
When I bought my TV they told me 10 days no questions asked. and 90 for any defect or repair problems. Not very good compared to Costco. :mad:

·
Registered
195 Posts
When I bought mine, they told me it was unlimited like Costco. I've got a problem with my Vizio LCD that just turned 90 days old. I'll be taking it back either tonight or this weekend. Let me know how your return goes.

·
Premium Member
18,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drz400
Does anyone know Sams Club return policy? I asked 3 people there and got 3 answers.......... unlimted with receipt, 3 months and 2 weeks!

I have to return my Samsung 4212 due to the SD clay face issue.....it is driving me nuts. Wish I didn't because I love the unit otherwize. CURSE you SAMSUNG!
Well it looks like you got three different answers here too :rolleyes:

·
Registered
195 Posts
I stopped at Sam's today and there is a sign hanging on the wall that says "100% Customer Satisfaction" then it goes on about their return policy, how if you have a receipt they will refund your money, if you don't have a receipt, but purchased using your Sam's card they will give you store credit. It also discusses comptures and special limitation for their returns.

I'm taking my Vizio back tonight so we'll see how it goes.

·
Banned
1,661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Weight
I stopped at Sam's today and there is a sign hanging on the wall that says "100% Customer Satisfaction" then it goes on about their return policy, how if you have a receipt they will refund your money, if you don't have a receipt, but purchased using your Sam's card they will give you store credit. It also discusses comptures and special limitation for their returns.

I'm taking my Vizio back tonight so we'll see how it goes.
Sam's Club return is unlimited, very similar to Costco.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
drz400, bring it back and swap it for the panny pa25, around the same price with NO clayface...i had a akai/samsung i bought at costco's and returned it 2 weeks later due to clayface for the panny....never been happier since!!

I'm sure as long as the money is in there store they will let you swap up.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was just watching Jarasic Park on the Sam 4212. Beatiful until the airplane scene were there are all face close ups wih shadows. Everyone looked like they had skin rashs! Then the dinos came out....and back to an awesome display! I gotta return this thing tommorrow and get a Panny.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I was there today. But its the one with only a NTSC tuner. I would perfer the ATSC one. Costco and BJ's all have the same one, last years model with the NTSC tuner only. I would buy the last year model that had the ATSC tuner and other options but they are nowhere it seems.

·
Premium Member
18,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud-man
drz400, bring it back and swap it for the panny pa25, around the same price with NO clayface...i had a akai/samsung i bought at costco's and returned it 2 weeks later due to clayface for the panny....never been happier since!!

I'm sure as long as the money is in there store they will let you swap up.
The Panny PA25 is last years model, has the older 7th generation glass, and SD doesn't look as good on it as it does on the new 8th gen models (42PD50U). I wouldn't recommend this one.

·
Registered
195 Posts
UPDATE: I have nothing but praise for Sam's Club. I returned my Vizio 30" LCD that was defective. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Then upgraded to the new Vizio 32" LCD for the same price! If you're hesitant to buy from Sam's Club, don't be, their returen policy is excellent! :)

·
Registered
576 Posts
There is one small warning about Sam's (and I mention it more to protect them than to gripe). If you don't have a receipt, they will probably give you a gift card. It isn't a big deal, but if someone is not expecting this they might get upset...without justification, but that doesn't stop anybody anymore.

I was very concerned about their return policy because they started selling warrantees, but was assured that the return policy is unaffected by that.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks. I saw their sign too. Looked pretty open ended. The only item I saw with a time limit was computers. Apparent people were abusing it. Can you believe it? I really like the comfort factor in dealing with Costco, Bjs and Sams on high $$ items. Just wish they had more current models.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I have the 42PA25U from Sams and IMO it has a better PQ than the newer xx50U. Mine was made in Japan and not Mexico if that makes a difference. Also, before I bought I asked what their return policy was and they said there was no time limit except on computers, which was 60 days I believe. I keep hoping they will get in a 50" Panny so I can trade up, but so far no luck. Maybe when Panasonic's new pdp factory gets up to full production in October (?) they will ship a few 50s to Sams.

·
Registered
195 Posts
dsmith901, don't you feel trading up if you don't have a problem is abusing Sam's return policy? The more this policy gets abused, the more likely Sam's is to eliminate it. :rolleyes:

I'm not judging you, just asking a question.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
glad to know that Sam's policy is as good as Costco. I shall visit them sometime. Never been inside one. Are they just like Costco?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.