AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a LN32A550 (which should include most of the 2008 models);

1. I don't see any adjustments for shifting the image either vertically or horizontally. I need to move the image up when in the 'Just Scan' mode.

2. Is there another procedure that substitutes for using the "Factory Remote" to gain access to the 'Factory Mode"?

3. Other than the '0214 exit' procedure to access some of the greyed out settings, are there any other procedures using the "User" remote?

·
Registered
12,736 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce /forum/post/18145174

On a LN32A550 (which should include most of the 2008 models);

1. I don't see any adjustments for shifting the image either vertically or horizontally. I need to move the image up when in the 'Just Scan' mode.

2. Is there another procedure that substitutes for using the "Factory Remote" to gain access to the 'Factory Mode"?

3. Other than the '0214 exit' procedure to access some of the greyed out settings, are there any other procedures using the "User" remote?

I don't know if the service menu will help you shift the image if the user menu doesn't offer that option. On my 2009 Samsung LCD (LN32B650), Screen Fit mode offers a screen position control that lets you move the image up/down and left/right. I doubt the service menu has any such option, both on my set and yours. Hope this helps.

How misaligned is your image vertically?

·
Registered
16,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. I did find that option, but it doesn't move the image enough. It needs at least 2x that amount of correction.

·
Registered
12,736 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce /forum/post/18190782

Thanks for the reply. I did find that option, but it doesn't move the image enough. It needs at least 2x that amount of correction.

What's the source? Perhaps the issue lies there. If it's a PC, odds are the graphic card might have the settings you need to fix it.

·
Registered
16,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The source is a Sony DVR in 'Auto HDMI' mode. There is no '1080' option in the output choices. On at least one local station I see the digital equivalent of VITS' and VIRS' (whatever they are called now) in the vertical interval at the top of the screen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.