AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a Samsung LN46A650 LCD TV. I've had it just for a few days, and the other day, when i turned it off, a horrible screeching, crackling sound came out from the TV. I don't even use the TV speakers (i have a home audio system) but just knowing that this is happening for such a new TV is a big problem i think, and i hope it doesn't cause anything else to go wrong. This seems to only happen when i have the TV on for more than an hour or so. The other weird part is i go into the TV settings and turn the TV speaker to "OFF" and it STILL happens. So, then, i'm thinking it's the cables, HDMI or Optical Audio, so i unplug everything and turn the tv on and off and the sound is there again.

This sound does not happen ALL the time, but it does happen and it's a huge annoyance. I called Samsung and they said they have never heard of this problem before, EVER. So, anyways, im just curios if anyone here has heard of this and if you have, what's the problem and how can i get it fixed??

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allnatural /forum/post/15483561

Screeching? I suspect you're exaggerating...

It's LOUD. I'm trying to think of the right words to describe it. It's like a staticky (yeah, i think i just made up a word, lol) sound and loud, really loud right when i turn it off.

Thank you for replying.

·
Registered
156 Posts
As I posted in the link, it's probably just the plastic parts expanding/contracting with the changing level of heat. It's common (and likely harmless) with Samsung sets.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm starting to wonder if this "Allnatural" guy works the phones for Samsung...This doesn't sound like a normal sound (plastic expanding/contracting). I have the problem too but it's very intermittent. If I was you I'd keep calling Samsung until they resolve this issue...exspecially before your warranty is up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts