AVS Forum banner

3241 - 3260 of 12093 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Goob, what calibration tool is that graph pattern from?

WTR1, I paid for my 5678 on Saturday. There was a "Private Sale" Tweeter has maybe twice a year for those prior customers already on their mailing list. I don't know if there is a minimum purchase you need to have spent to get on their "list?" The price I paid matched TVA PB price and they took more off since me and my friend each bought one so I actually paid under TVA's PB price. My friend has his but hasn't bothered to open it up yet if you can believe it. Mine is "due in" on Monday but after reading all of these posts I don't see how being on the east coast and ordering it last week see how I can get it ahead of others here? I don't want to start an east coast west coast thing here.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clorox /forum/post/0

I'm sorry to keep asking this question, but can someone else check their Index delay setting in the Service Menu?

When you enter service menu (start with TV off, press mute-1-8-2-power) you will see DDP1011 at the top. Then, press enter while highlighted on DDP1011 and you will find "Index Delay" Menu. Whatever that number says is what I'm looking for.

FYI-You won't mess anything up as long as you don't change any values, so you can just hit power to turn off again and then start back up as normal. If anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Clorox,

My 6168's Index Delay is set at 65 from the factory. BTW, PQ is exceptional at that setting.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Goob, very cool and a good idea. Maybe add some circles and it could look like a NTSC test pattern? Go a step further and add color to see if there is any bleeding or something?

·
Registered
741 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkaStp /forum/post/0

I was kind of wondering about that to. As I'm probably one of the bad people I don't have much to lose so here's my recollection of the saga...

There was a DNIe on/off setting on the 68/78.

Lots of back and forth to try and get clarification.

No DNIe on/off on the 68/78.

The 88 came into the picture and it was that TV that had DNIe on/off.

No-one else's 88 has DNIe on/off, just DNIe demo.

When we asked for pictures the digital camera was broken.

Then there was the blow-up, the name-calling, the departure and the return.

Then he apparently purchased a new digital camera and would take some photos.

Then he said he was wrong and that there was no DNIe on/off in the 88. So no need for photos.

Then he wants to go into his service menu and fiddle with the color wheel settings (time enough to do that apparently but not the DNIe photos).

Now we are back to there being DNIe on/off in the 88. But that TV is now broken.

The photos of the DNIe menu are too big too upload.

Did I miss anything?

What gives? A Sherlock Holmes mystery is easier to follow than this!

So, whodunnit?

This makes for a good movie, What to make one? Hee-hee? I think you quoted me wrong, But no, you too again, This was a dead issue, why are you trying to start trouble? STOP already!!! We are all good. I already set the record straight (clorox is behind me). Let's move on adults. Done, finish, what part did you miss?

·
Registered
741 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkaStp /forum/post/0

I was kind of wondering about that to. As I'm probably one of the bad people I don't have much to lose so here's my recollection of the saga...

There was a DNIe on/off setting on the 68/78.

No DNIe on/off on the 68/78.

The 88 came into the picture and it was that TV that had DNIe on/off.

No-one else's 88 has DNIe on/off, just DNIe demo.

When we asked for pictures the digital camera was broken.

Then there was the blow-up, the name-calling, the departure and the return.

Then he apparently purchased a new digital camera and would take some photos.

Then he said he was wrong and that there was no DNIe on/off in the 88. So no need for photos.

Then he wants to go into his service menu and fiddle with the color wheel settings (time enough to do that apparently but not the DNIe photos).

Now we are back to there being DNIe on/off in the 88. But that TV is now broken.

The photos of the DNIe menu are too big too upload.

Did I miss anything?

What gives? A Sherlock Holmes mystery is easier to follow than this!

So, whodunnit?

I already uploaded my photos to Mike.
He is working with them. So I am trying to work with you. Please give me some slack. I didnt mess up that bad. Come on man, Chill and relax.
You need it.

I am not starting up again to go over the same thing that you keep repeating. What is in the past is in the past. A new day for a new dollar. If you read it well, it is not that hard to follow, forget it then. Move on already.

Thanks.

We can see by other post, IE index delay, that the TV's are all different. So maybe I am right. I would love to give you the photo of the 88. I will do my best, to take my stand. I need the repair man to fix mine first, No power. Transformer maybe?

·
Registered
50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StallionRe /forum/post/0

I write these post, HA HA JK.
I carry around a laptop all day and place orders, email my clients with troubleshooting techniques about computers and software repairs. Also I direct stage hands and producers for the movie and news World, etc for the WB/Tribune company in CA, IL, FL, NY, TX, CO, WA, NJ, ND, SD, TN, NV, and Canada.. So I am always wireless on my computers while I travel. Sometimes I am not home for 3 months straight. I have 5 computers at home, three laptops and two computers/PDA/Blackberries at my office.

This sums up that I am a computer GEEK!! for 19 hours a day.

Not a flame here, thanks for asking. I am cool about it.

Stallion... No need to retake the pictures, just resize them and it will reduce the size of the image.....

·
Registered
153 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcvp /forum/post/0

There was a "Private Sale" Tweeter has maybe twice a year for those prior customers already on their mailing list.

Interesting..I am on their "list" and the private sale here was just 10% off of MSRP...not even close to TVA's price..

·
Registered
520 Posts
Here we go...

·
Registered
520 Posts
set 2

·
Registered
520 Posts
last one

·
Registered
79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPtimeACE /forum/post/0

Anyone else watch Sin City on an 8W yet? Rainbows? I really like this movie and was hoping for it to be my first viewing experience on my first HDTV but maybe I should start with something safer? I have the 950 as well. Was it distracting (I know its different for everyone)?

8 days until my 5668 (is supposed to arrive).

I wouldn't make this your first choice as you may get discouraged by seeing rainbows. I have rarely seen rainbows in any other movies, but they are pretty evident to me in this one (Black & White). But that said, the PQ of this flick is sooooo amazing and almost surreal, that the rainbows really didn't bother me much. They mainly occured when I looked away and back at the screen quickly. What a movie! You'll either love it or hate it.

Bill

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Looks like the second picture in set 2 is what we have been waiting for. Same as everyone else, DNIe Demo On/Off. Only the demo - you can't turn off DNIe itself.

·
Registered
520 Posts
one straggler..

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Geez, now I sound like some other people here and I won't name names! I went on the TVA site first and got a price. I then went back on the site to get the PB price and it was the same, which didn't make sense. I then called TVA and the PB price was less. The price I paid was a little less than the Tweeter Private Sale price since we bought two. Therefore, the Private Sale price was TVA's regular price and my discount was between TVA's regular price and their PB price. Sorry about that. If my set isn't in on Monday like Tweeter said and TVA has it in stock, which they think they will have a shipment very soon, I'd consider ordering it from them. I guess the small amount of savings isn't worth the wait of TVA getting it in stock and then shipping it to Boston vs. just picking it up at Tweeter. The other thing is the matching Samsung stand I think is the same price at Worst Buy as TVA but I don't know if WB has it in stock in NH? Sorry for the confusion I was also looking at my friend's price. His 50" is still in the box! I don't know what is worse, the fact that mine isn't in stock yet or my friend hasn't plugged his in yet!

·
Registered
520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcvp /forum/post/0

I was also looking at my friend's price. His 50" is still in the box! I don't know what is worse, the fact that mine isn't in stock yet or my friend hasn't plugged his in yet!

Why don't you and buddy swap units?

·
Registered
162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clorox /forum/post/0

I'm sorry to keep asking this question, but can someone else check their Index delay setting in the Service Menu?

On my 6168 it's set to 51.

Edit: Interesting that it's so different on different people's sets (even at the same size). Before I set the gamma to 0, I was getting a little splotchiness in black areas (though not as bad as in your photos), and even now I feel like the color response in faces is sometimes off. Rather than fiddling with it, though, I'm going to wait for SethS, who said he might have a free slot on Monday to come out and do a full calibration...

·
Registered
1,205 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoMetro /forum/post/0

I have a 5678 with geometry off 1/4 inch on right. I had another unit scheduled to come Saturday, but opted to call Samsung to see if they could adjust the DMD board based on the replacement reports I have read.

The tech called today and claimed he could fix it and will be here Monday. I will report back the results. The good news is I can still get a replacement from Tweeter if I am not happy.

My repair guy tried to adjust the DMD and made it worse. It was 3/16" and is now 3/8". He ordered a new one so lets see what happens to both of ours. Also can you check your overscan with a test pattern and see if its way off like mine is (1" vertically and about 1/2" horizontally)

·
Registered
320 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoobTheNoob /forum/post/0

The bottom edge of my 6168W looks like... (see attached). The service guy will be here tomorrow at 9am to take a look at it.

Please let me know how this goes. Your image matches what I see on my set very closely.

Thanks,

John

3241 - 3260 of 12093 Posts