AVS Forum banner

12081 - 12093 of 12093 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOZOO /forum/post/21451374

Can some tell me what is the TV GUIDE ON SCREEN version number is 8 of 9. HLr-5078

I believe it is version 8. Whatever it is, it no longer works with the distribution of the data over digital channels. I suppose there may be some areas where the data is distributed over an analog cable channel. but not where I am located.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi

I have a HL-R6168 for many years and it has been trouble free for the most part. However recently I have this off color band on the left side of the screen. It has picture on it, but the colors are off. This happens on any input. It does not seem to be growing either. Any ideas what causes that? Bad color wheel?

Also has anyone figure out a remote code to switch directly to the RF antenna? Right now my Harmony One cycle thru "Input Select" to get to the RF antenna from HMDI, VGA and so forth.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
As much as i have search everywhere, including almost two hrs of reading on this post alone no definitely answer is to be found. I have what I believe is False contouring problems on my HL-R6168W. The lamp has been replaced twice, and seems to be ok. I have no buzzing sound on the back of the TV. The only other problem this set has had for the past two years is that half of the screen goes black due to the heat. So I took care of that by placing a fan on the back of the TV when the set is on.

What could be a fix - if any- for this color false contouring problem. I can stand it, and I am starting to get terribly annoyed every time I watch TV. The only time you don't see these weird shadow and color shades is in very lighted images. Any dark ones just become so confusing I can really make up what is going on. Colors otherwise seem ok.

·
Registered
591 Posts
One last try.

I can not get my hlr-6178 to accept an hdmi input from 3 different pioneer elite receivers.

Someone on another thread guessed that it has to do with the fact that this tv can not accept a 1080p signal through HDMI.

Bottom line is I can not send my direct tv, hd dvd, or blu ray players signal thorugh my receiver using HDMI in, and then HDMI out to the tv. i get weak or no signal on the tv screen.

As soon as I use component cables going into the receiver and then out to the tv , I am good to go.

How many of you have used HDMI into ANY receiver, and then HDMI out into the TV and got a signal with thisTV.

This was the first generation Samsung 1080p set.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Do you know what the HDMI output of the receiver is? Is there a way to set it to 1080i?

As the other person said, the HLR6178 will NOT accept an HDMI 1080p signal.

·
Registered
59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vechung /forum/post/21500468

Hi

I have a HL-R6168 for many years and it has been trouble free for the most part. However recently I have this off color band on the left side of the screen. It has picture on it, but the colors are off. This happens on any input. It does not seem to be growing either. Any ideas what causes that? Bad color wheel?

Also has anyone figure out a remote code to switch directly to the RF antenna? Right now my Harmony One cycle thru "Input Select" to get to the RF antenna from HMDI, VGA and so forth.

Thanks in advance for your help.

My HL-R6168 had this same problem, along with many others! The failure of the "light tunnel" was covered by a class action suit, and Samsung extended coverage for this condition for quite some time. Check out this huge thread for all the details: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ng+side+shadow . However, that thread states that extended coverage may have expired in October 2011.

Good Luck!

Alan

·
Registered
591 Posts
Do you know what the HDMI output of the receiver is? Is there a way to set it to 1080i?

As the other person said, the HLR6178 will NOT accept an HDMI 1080p signal.

I have the Pioneer Elite sc-07 which just passes through the HDMI signal.

My direct tv dvr was set to output 1080i and I still could not get a signal using HDMI.

Very frustrating. I have a cheap Maxent plasma in my game room and I moved an elite 94 (previously hooked to the samsung with no HDMI signal accepted by the tv either, and as soon as I ran HDMI through the Pioneer and into the Maxent, presto, I get a picture no problem.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Finally after about 5 years did i solve the issue of this TV not accepting an HDMI signal from ANY of three pioneer Elite receivers I have had. I added an HDMI switcher, and presto, problem solved.

Im so pissed it took me this long to finally have someone give me my solution, and it seems as if this has been a fairly common solution to HDMi handshake issues.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Color wheel went last night, thanks for 7 years of service. It's off to the dump and to pick up a Sharp LC-70847OU

·
Registered
233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2hometheater  /t/559872/samsung-1080p-owners-thread-hlrxxx8w-dlp-models/12060#post_22370408

Color wheel went last night, thanks for 7 years of service. It's off to the dump and to pick up a Sharp LC-70847OU

Dont send it to the dump. Replace the color wheel and sell it or, replace color wheel, remove light engine and sell it on ebay/

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
About to give up after searching for about an hour, but figured I'd ask anyway...

Has there ever been any updates for the firmware for these? I can put up with the left 4" dark band since this isn't my main display, but the guide for cable is a total mess.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hi,

I have a Samsung HLR6768WX/XAA, the bulb is about 2 years old with 1265 hours on it and the color wheel is also about 2 years old. The tv comes on, it runs for about 5-8 minutes then it turns off, it then starts cycling and trying to turn on again but it's not able to, the lamp doesn't light and it keeps cycling, you have to unplug it and plug it back in, and then it will turn on again for about 5 - 8 minutes before it repeats the cycle.

all the fans are clean and running, I taped the lamp door switch just to make sure it wasn't that, I even tried running it with the back off and a fan blowing in to it, but it still turns off and if you put your hand on the lamp housing it's not even that hot, it's warm.

Is it my ballast? Or maybe a defective heat sensor? or something on the power board?

I just find it strange that after it turns itself off that it tries over and over to turn back on but the lamp never comes on.

Any help is appreciated :)

Also when it turns off and starts trying to turn on again all three lights blink on the front

12081 - 12093 of 12093 Posts