AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone figured out how to record the output of one D-VHS deck to another D-VHS deck when both of them are connected to the 165 via firewire?

bb

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Wouldn't connecting the two DVHS decks to each other via Firewire work? Since you're only dubbing a tape, connection to the T165 may only be necessary for one of the decks (so you can see the menu options?). If this is so, then you would need a third Firewire cable.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Rudy1
Wouldn't connecting the two DVHS decks to each other via Firewire work? Since you're only dubbing a tape, connection to the T165 may only be necessary for one of the decks (so you can see the menu options?). If this is so, then you would need a third Firewire cable.
Yes connecting them to eachother always works, but I wanted to do the dubbing via the samsung.

Actually I now figured out that even if both decks are connected to the samsung, you can still manually record with a jvc 30k from another jvd 30k, as long as you have the coorect I- # and put the deck manually into HS mode.

There seems to be no way to do this via the samsung control software, at least not that I can see.

bb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.