AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there using this unit yet? I'm very intrigued, personally, but have yet to get a chance to see one in person. I'm thinking of using the "wall mounting" capability of this to suspend it from a shelf above my work area to bring it closer too me, though this may cause me to need a software way to pivot the screen image 180 degrees.

Any thoughts?

Kensai

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ConceptVBS,

Thanks for the pointer, though I'm getting no response from that forum. "LCD" came up with 6 pages, but it refuses to list the threads for me. Do I need to register with them just to read, or what?

Kensai

·
Registered
831 Posts
Yes your right. The results wont show until you register with them. Sorry, I forgot to mention it before hand. :eek:

BTW, just in case they dont have any user reports about this monitor, Google is your friend. :)

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Black level is horrible compared to what? I'm sure it is compared to a CRT, but is it bad for an LCD? If so, can you suggest an LCD model or series that has acceptible black level in your opinion?

Thanks, all.

Kensai

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, yeah, but I haven't found one on a shelf in the entire St. Louis area yet. Not to mention that I have no real way to audition any flat panels under controlled conditions. That's why I look for opinion and discussion, hoping that folks who've had the opportunity to go hands on with any of these units will be able to help the rest of us out.

Kensai

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sony 17inch WS has a much better black level. It depends on what you

need, samsung is a better computer monitor(small .dot size), sony is

a better video monitor(good black level, fast response time?)...but hey

why you need 16X9 except for watching DVD.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wide screen console gaming via DScaler :) I also like to work on text close up, so going page width on a widescreen monitor will give me bigger text and fewer lines visible at a time. Its a strange writer's habit of mine. So, basically I've got three good uses for it. The other thing is that the mounting/stand seems to be perfect for the way I want to put it in my rig. Not to mention the price is alot better than the Sony . . .

Just a pipe dream, I'm sure.

Thanks,

Kensai

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.