AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the 2010 Samsung models are starting to roll in.

LN46C550 in stock at Amazon.com

edit: LN40C550 and LN40C530 in stock as well.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Thanks iconfat for the update!

It's interesting the LN46C650 is starting out at $1,299.99, which is the same price as the LN46b650, even though it has been out about a year. So prices are getting better. Looks like the LED UN46c sets are still way more expensive though. Hopefully they will be selling for under MSRP quickly after release.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbbdc /forum/post/18180358

why are new tv's coming out in 60hz versus 120 or 240? did i miss something?

Because the 550 series is the budget end of Samsung panels but often a great PQ value and 60Hz is the normal N. America broadcast rate.

You want the 120/240 then you must upgrade to the 650/750 C series CCFL or LED units - it's been that way for a number of years.

There will be plenty of those in the weeks ahead.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
wow, great news!
. im intrested in this new C series as i need another bedroom tv, i have a 37 B550 in one of my bedrooms and i need another 37 incher, do they have a 37 inch c550? or they wont make one this year?

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonsasa /forum/post/18181538

wow, great news!
. im intrested in this new C series as i need another bedroom tv, i have a 37 B550 in one of my bedrooms and i need another 37 incher, do they have a 37 inch c550? or they wont make one this year?

The 37" C550 is available for preorder.

·
Vendor
32,777 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbbdc /forum/post/18180358

why are new tv's coming out in 60hz versus 120 or 240? did i miss something?

The cheaper units usually come out first. Your right though, one would think they would have dropped the 60HZ by now. Just another year with 8 different models of the same size unit from Samsung

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey guys, just a quick question/concern about the LN40C550.

I was actually all set to order the B550 last night, but I realized that the 2010 series of TVs was probably right on the horizon. I see that the C550 is cheaper than the B550 on Amazon because it's on sale. Does anyone know how long the TV should be at that price? I'm a little hesitant to order it today since it hasn't been reviewed by anyone yet. How confident can I be that the C550 is at least on par with the B550 in terms of PQ and stuff like that? I'm really not sure how many changes are made to a specific TV from year to year.

Also, I can't find the full list of specs anywhere. Does anyone know how many component inputs this TV is going to have? That's the other thing I'm a little hesitant about. The Amazon description mentions 4 HDMI inputs, but nothing about component.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD1014 /forum/post/18236258

Hey guys, just a quick question/concern about the LN40C550.

I was actually all set to order the B550 last night, but I realized that the 2010 series of TVs was probably right on the horizon. I see that the C550 is cheaper than the B550 on Amazon because it's on sale. Does anyone know how long the TV should be at that price? I'm a little hesitant to order it today since it hasn't been reviewed by anyone yet. How confident can I be that the C550 is at least on par with the B550 in terms of PQ and stuff like that? I'm really not sure how many changes are made to a specific TV from year to year.

Also, I can't find the full list of specs anywhere. Does anyone know how many component inputs this TV is going to have? That's the other thing I'm a little hesitant about. The Amazon description mentions 4 HDMI inputs, but nothing about component.

you do understand the c550 40 inchers all use C panels right?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts