AVS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Samsung 2019 NU7100 owners thread

I don't see threads for the 2019 Samsung NU7100 Smart 4K UHD TV series, so I'll start one.

I have the 75 inch UN75NU7100FXZA version and so far happy with it.

I updated ver 1251.0 firmware to ver 1260 with USB as it said "no updates at this time" when I tried the internet connection on the TV.

Great picture after adjusting the setting to what I found online:
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/nu7100/settings

After trying out some recommended settings for this set, I have a question:

When I go into settings/Picture/Expert Settings
I don't see the HDR Settings anywhere?
The HDR+ mode should be between Contrast Enhancer & Film mode?

Also I can't find the settings for watching HDR content via an HDMI connection, it is important to set the 'HDMI UHD Color' on for each HDMI input that will receive the HDR content. This will permit the HDMI port to transmit all the bandwidth needed for HDR and tells the TV to expect a 10-bit color signal on that input.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I updated the firmware to version 1260 with USB as it said "no updates at this time" when I tried the internet connection.
Thanks for mentioning this because on my Samsung set, I had the same issue until I looked for the firmware on the support page and flashed it myself via USB. It's amazing that Samsung can't point users to the update on their TVs.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I don't see threads for the 2019 Samsung NU7100 Smart 4K UHD TV series, so I'll start one.

I updated ver 1251.0 firmware to ver 1260 with USB as it said "no updates at this time" when I tried the internet connection on the TV.

Also I can't find the settings for watching HDR content via an HDMI connection, it is important to set the 'HDMI UHD Color' on for each HDMI input that will receive the HDR content. This will permit the HDMI port to transmit all the bandwidth needed for HDR and tells the TV to expect a 10-bit color signal on that input.
The NU7100 is a 2018 model, not 2019 and there is already an owner's thread (not tread) for it. The 2019 model is the RU7100.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The NU7100 is a 2018 model, not 2019 and there is already an owner's thread (not tread) for it. The 2019 model is the RU7100.
Reason I thought it was a 2019 model, was at Fred Meyer where I got it, and the salesman said to me before I bought it, that it was a new 2019 model. They do not have the RU model on the floor and being 2019 is half over, I believed him.

Plus this I saw online:

Table of Specs & Features
Before we talk about comparison between Samsung UN75RU7100 and UN75NU7100, we need to know the specs and features of those two TVs. They key specs and features of Samsung UN75RU7100 and UN75NU7100 can be found in the table of specs & features below. I’m sure that you would be interested to look at it before we talk more about comparison between those two TVs.

Samsung UN75RU7100-------------Samsung UN75NU7100
Introduced 2019-------------------2019

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I didn't say it was better. The OP identified the NU7100 as a 2019 model, so I just informed him it was a 2018 model and told him the RU7100 was the 2019 model and pointed out that there was an owner's thread already. I don't know why you felt the need to quote my post from over 2 months ago with such a response.

·
Registered
291 Posts

Looking at possibly purchasing the 75 inch model and I'm not sure if it's going to fit on my tv stand. Can someone tell me the measurements/distance between the legs?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Looking at possibly purchasing the 75 inch model and I'm not sure if it's going to fit on my tv stand. Can someone tell me the measurements/distance between the legs?
From the UN75RU7100FXZA Specifications; Stand Size (WxHxD) = 57.2" x 33" x 4.8"

So with the legs 57.2" apart, a 60" (5 ft.) table will do.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I'm right at 58 inches. Do you think I should chance it?
I have my 65" Samsung NU6900 on a table that the legs just barely fit on in my basement. The table came with my old 50" DLP 15 years ago. The front of the legs are right up to the front edge, and the rear legs are right on the curved side edges. But the table is heavy and very stable. As long as the table is stable (poetry!) and you have no out of control children running around causing havoc, you should be fine.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I never said whatever model you're referring to was better. Where did you get that from?

Um... Sorry?
Well I looked at your post and saw in bold print at the bottom it said:

"Newer is not always better."

Which seemed to be targeted at what I had said bringing up a newer model, but now it just looks to be your signature line. Sorry for the misinterpretation.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm right at 58 inches. Do you think I should chance it?
Make sure the width is correct as mine had an 1/8" room left. I used strong gorilla double sided tape to secure the feet so it wouldn't move or slide off the cabinet. Also secured the back to the wall with thin cable. I didn't want to buy a new cabinet as I like mine and it was expensive.

edit: looks like I'm going to have to update my website as this new setup is not on there yet.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
owner's thread (not tread)
I caught the spelling, AFTER I posted it and can't change it.
So, who do I ask to correct the spelling

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What are your favorite settings now that Y'all have had your sets for awhile?

I have a question:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts