AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about purchasing either a Samsung 240T (24inch [email protected]) or a Viewsonic VP230mb (23inch [email protected]).

I have never seen either one of these desktop monitors in person because nobody in the San Francisco Area has a demo of them. The most important variable for me is to be able to read text easily on screen.

Is there anyone in this forum that has compared both of these? If so what is your opinion?

If anyone has one of these could you share your opinion and ideally post photos of the monitors in a working environment?

Thank You,

Jake

·
Registered
121 Posts
I saw the Viewsonic VG230 at NSCA expo a couple weeks ago. It looked very good, but keep in mind Viewsonic does not support all brands of video cards if you intend to use the DVI connection. I have a VG171b that is going back because it will not work with a Matrox G550 or a nVidia TNT2 Ultra at its native resolution of [email protected] My Philips panel at the same scan rate works flawlessly. My only response from tech support was to buy a Visiontek card.

Regards,

·
Registered
848 Posts
Jake, if the most important thing to you is to read text clearly, be sure to get a monitor with a DVI connection and be sure to use it. It makes a huge difference (to my eyes) in clarity. I have the Viewsonic VG191 and with DVI it is just unbelievably clear.

·
Registered
272 Posts
If you can afford it, the Samsung 240T is fabulous. Very easy on the eyes, and as the other posters have said, be sure to use the DVI input. ELSA Synergy 3 is a good card to use with the 240T.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.