AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 32c350 from target. I cant find anything om this tv on samsungs website or here. Im a plasma guy but needed a small tv for the bedroom. It looks good but think it could be better with the right settings. Im running Direct tv over hdmi. Any help would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
12,700 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshan99 /forum/post/18300488

Hello can anyone help me

Start with Movie/Warm2 and then use a calibration disc to set the basic settings. Examples inlclude the AVSHD disc, Disney WOW, DVE, Spears and Munsil, Avia, etc . If you want to do white balance/gamma you'll need a meter.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have it on:

Mode: Movie

Backlight: 8

Contrast: 80

Brightness: 52

Sharpness: 10

Color: 50

Everything else off.

Although I'm getting a lot of ghosting/blur on this set, so maybe there's something wrong with my model.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a model LN32C350D1DXZA (popular 350 series model currently on sale with major retailers) and I'm seeing the same problems. Blurriness and ghosting. Lots of blue hues on the default settings, and angle viewing is problematic, eg a noticeable decrease in contrast. What's scary is I also own the 2009 model LN32B360. Never had these problems and it truly looks fantastic compared to this (even though they are close to the same specs). Do I have a lemon or did Samsung really cheap out on the panels on this model?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey pokerface, interesting to see someone else with problems. I feel like I'm going crazy because none of the reviews I've read for this model mention ghosting at all. Honestly, though, I'm not having the same problems on all channels or content. Some shows look absolutely phenomenal, no blurring or smearing whatsoever. This is namely 30fps content, but also some filmed stuff as well. I watched "Transformers" last night on ABC and there wasn't any ghosting to be found. Looked sharp and beautiful. Last week I was watching the Dew Tour on NBC with snowboarding/skiing and same thing. No blur, totally sharp and fluid. But then I'll watch "CSI" or something and there's tons of ghosting. I don't get it!!!

Although I have to say, off-angle viewing on this TV is great.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Oh, and I dropped the backlight to 7 and upped the contrast to 90 since my last post with my settings. It seems to be a tad bit better.

·
Registered
47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U /forum/post/19554548

Start with Movie/Warm2 and then use a calibration disc to set the basic settings. Examples inlclude the AVSHD disc, Disney WOW, DVE, Spears and Munsil, Avia, etc . If you want to do white balance/gamma you'll need a meter.

And if you do any calibrating it is a good idea to let the TV warm up for about half an hour before you do any tweaking.

·
Registered
47 Posts
You might think it is strange that I am saying that but I think that the calibration settings of the Movie mode that are for the HDMI inputs are perfect right out of the box for the LN32C350. I checked them with a calibration disc. I am very satisfied with the picture.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts