3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  limbsmith 
#1 ·
Hi, I have a new home theater that includes the following components:

- Denon AVR 891 receiver

- Samsung Series 8000 LED 3D TV 55"

- Energy Speakers & Sub (5 Ch)

- Motorolla DCX-3400 PVR

- PS3 Slim

I previously had the 890 receiver but upgraded to the 891 for the 3D capabilities (HDMI 1.4). I'm using HDMI certified cables that I just replaced (as a test to the following problem) everything goes through the receiver and receiver to TV.

I lose my picture every now and then, the screen goes black and then comes back. I don't lose sound. I've tried to troubleshoot the problem myself and have found that when I eliminate the receiver connections and go PVR to TV directly, I don't have the same problem. I've spent a lot of money and am frustrated beyond belief. Please help!

Thanks - P-Tell

See less See more
#5 ·
Just to dig up an older topic, I've had the same issue with the 891 and a Panasonic BDT300 BDP. In/out black video with perfect audio. I've tried to troubleshoot and change every setting on the receiver with no luck. BDP direct to TV works perfectly. I'm ready to return the 891 unless anyone has found a fix.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.