AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought a 3D Samsung LED 55"TV C7100, awesome tv by the way.

But Samsung's website states free Shrek 3d starter kit with select 3d tvs and mine is on their select list. I bought mine at Samsclub but they don't have the Shrek Starter kit at all either for free or for sale. When I called Samsung, they said that I have to refer to the store. So now what. I don't want to return tv and get it elsewhere, that's crazy. I should be able to redeem the kit somehow if I bought a new samsung 3d tv right?

·
Registered
75 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubaz28 /forum/post/19528751

So I just bought a 3D Samsung LED 55"TV C7100, awesome tv by the way.

But Samsung's website states free Shrek 3d starter kit with select 3d tvs and mine is on their select list. I bought mine at Samsclub but they don't have the Shrek Starter kit at all either for free or for sale. When I called Samsung, they said that I have to refer to the store. So now what. I don't want to return tv and get it elsewhere, that's crazy. I should be able to redeem the kit somehow if I bought a new samsung 3d tv right?

Nope.

If you did not buy the kit or get any sort of voucher from the vendor you are sadly sol my friend.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I saw that being offered through Samsung and through Best Buy. Did you get any starter kit at all or just the TV on it's own? If you didn't get any other Starter Kit then the store will most likely "Price Match" of sorts and help you out when it comes in as long as you have your receipt and it's within 30 days (at most places). If you got another starter kit though you probably won't have the option without returning the kit you currently have.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I just got the PN50C7000 at HHgregg yesteday, came with the starter kit with Shrek movies. My question are they really 3d, so far I'm using my laptop as the blu ray source (with power dvd 10 which has 3d features) and it seems all the 3 movies are 2d->3d conversion. Not like (for instance) Alice in Wonderland 3d trailer that I got on the internet, which has the side by side picture, while Shreks have the shaking picture (if guys know what I mean).

·
Banned
19,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orakulo /forum/post/19541191

I just got the PN50C7000 at HHgregg yesteday, came with the starter kit with Shrek movies. My question are they really 3d, so far I'm using my laptop as the blu ray source (with power dvd 10 which has 3d features) and it seems all the 3 movies are 2d->3d conversion. Not like (for instance) Alice in Wonderland 3d trailer that I got on the internet, which has the side by side picture, while Shreks have the shaking picture (if guys know what I mean).

The first 3 Shrek movies were rendered and presented in 2D. The 3D BDs are 2D to 3D conversions. They re-render them. Shrek 4 was rendered aand presented in 3D.

Alice in Wonderland is also a 2D to 3D conversion. The 3D is added in post production.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts