AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I GOT A SAMSUNG 50" PLASMA 3D READY TV THE MODEL NUMBER IS ps50b451b2w I HAVE CONNECTED IT WITH A 3D HDMI CABLE AND I GOT THE SYNC OUT CABLE CONNECTED AND GOT THE SAMSUNG SSG1000 GLASSES BUT MY PS3 DOES NOT RECOGNIZE THE 3D AND IF I PRESS THE TV REMOTE IN THE PICTURE MENU TO TURN THE 3D EFFECTS OPTION IT JUST SKIPS OVER IT I CANT EVEN SELECT THE "3D EFFECTS" OPTION HOW CAN I SET THAT UP PLEASE HELP GUYS

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
3D Ready displays need an adapter made by Mitsubishi. I think there is a Samsung specifc version. Do some searches the Mitsu "standard" version is like 3DA1 or something like that.

I got mine for pretty cheap on the bay....

·
Registered
133 Posts
Amer2u, JOHNnDENVER is right - you will likely need the Mitsubishi adapter - these older sets were designed to work with a PC with a 3D video card. Are you plugged into HDMI 2? And make sure that you label the input "PC". They probably only accept checkerboard output. Is your PS3 firmware updated? Here's a link to the manual: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...01Eng_0630.pdf

·
Registered
675 Posts
The Mitsubishi adapter does not work on the Samsung Plasmas because it only makes 1080p checkerboard which is not the resolution for the older plasmas. The PS3 does not have a checkerboard output either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.