AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I currently have the Samsung LN46B750 and have noticed ghosting on my set...i do enjoy the soap opera look but the ghosting is starting to become more apparent to me on Blu-Ray's...I remember taking a look at the Z5100 at my local Best Buy and didn't noticed any ghosting that I can recall and I know the motion flow was on because I could see the soap opera effect...being that the xbr9 is suppossed to be the top of the line as far as sony goes what set would be best as far as soap-opera look and for minimal to no ghosting? please advise...thank you

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
The "ghosting" may be frame interpolation artifacts. I don't know the exact settings to use on a Samsung, but I believe you can keep 120Hz on while turning off frame interpolation.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know where to find that option nor can I find it in the manual...can anyone else help? i have read peoples opinions saying that side by side the three sets are difficult to discern which is truly "better" than the other...with that being said should i just go with the sony

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I believe the setting is "AutoMotion Plus", which you want on "low" or "off".

You aren't likely to get decent performance out of any TV without learning about your set's particular features and the very basics of calibration. I recommend going through the THX calibration patterns found on many discs, at the very least.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
for the samsung it has standard, smooth, clear, and custom...does anyone else that has one of these sets have a recommendation as to what you like most...for those that have seen these next to each other could you voice your opinion as well...i'd greatly appreciate any input..thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts