AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the 4665F on Friday but am going to return it today because of poor PQ, a clicking sound coming out of it and the appearance of black/white flecks when viewing.

The question I have is with the recent problems some are having with the new 4665s would it be best to just exchange for the 4661 instead or will I have the same problems as some are experiencing with the newer 4665s? The HD looks almost SD and the SD looks unviewable. Also would I be losing out on much if I went with the 4661 instead? It seems like the only difference is the contrast ratio and the absense of the blue LED.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
And don't forget about the location of the speakers. 61 is at the bottom while 65 is on the sides.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I do like the sound of the 4665 but that comes secondary to picture since I plan on getting a sound system in the future. I just for once want to get a HDTV that actually looks remotly similar to how other are saying theirs are looking.

I must be having crappy luck.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
I guess you are having problems with the kernel firmware/board combination. Maybe you can get something a little older like September of October of last year, P9 or PA in S/N!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus2007 /forum/post/12893547

I guess you are having problems with the kernel firmware/board combination. Maybe you can get something a little older like September of October of last year, P9 or PA in S/N!

There really isnt a way other than getting lucky though I bet. I wouldnt think there would even be a snowball's chance in Florida of that happening since I'm getting it from a big retailer like CC. I just looked at the sticker on mine and it says it's SX10, w/e that means.

Sucks though I hate to spend more money on a TV because this version is so fudged up, was trying to stay below 2k. Was also looking at the 4671 but that's another $500 for the 120MZ and higher contrast ratio.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Since you are paying good money to purchase it from CC, why don't you exchange it for another one? You have the right to exchange it while your 30-day is still on since you claim the PQ on the set is not up to your standard. Again, look at the S/N on the outside of the box, 8th & 9th characters, and try to get an older build date.

The only problem you would have is to haul it back to CC for another one.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus2007 /forum/post/12893893

Since you are paying good money to purchase it from CC, why don't you exchange it for another one? You have the right to exchange it while your 30-day is still on since you claim the PQ on the set is not up to your standard. Again, look at the S/N on the outside of the box, 8th & 9th characters, and try to get an older build date.

The only problem you would have is to haul it back to CC for another one.

Ok I will do that, I see that you mentioned P9 and PA, other than those what could I look for? I would have to tell the people there since I can actually walk back there and look at the boxes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts