Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I've had a problem with my Samsung HCL4715W that I've been wrestling with for a couple of years, but have never been able to fix. And, quite frankly, it's bugging the hell out of me.

When I'm watching tv in interlaced mode, either 480i or 1080i, the picture is fine. However, when I switch over to 480p (to watch movies, play xbox or whatever), the convergence is very, very bad. As in, the picture is far too large for the screen, and the projectors are horribly out of alignment.

I normally wouldn't consider this much of a problem, but when I adjust the 480p convergence (about a 3 hour process minimum), everything is great until I switch over to 480i.

Basically, when I set the convergence for 1080/480i, 480p looks horrible. And when I adjust the 480p convergence, the interlaced modes look horrible.

One thing to note is that I bought the TV from Best Buy as a display model, and I've had this issue ever since I bought it.

Unfortunately, I have never run across a post with a similar problem, so I'm hoping one of you will be able to assist me.

Thanks in advance!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.