AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on this model or other models that would be a good choice in this size/price range? Price is $7,999.

·
Registered
500 Posts
For brand new models, you should also consider the new Panasonic 50 and the new Pioneer 50, both coming out in October. Lots of discussion already in this forum.

Panasonic TH-50PHD6UY

Pioneer 5040HD

For existing models, the Pioneer 50 and the Fujitsu 50 are the top contenders.

·
23,032 Posts
I can't wait for the next Jersey Shore Shootout! :)

Mark, you got enough room for the new Panny and Pio?

larry

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just got the Samsung 5039 today and I love it. It is a great value if you look at what is included: DVI, turner built in. High Def looks awesome. I got it for $6500 and have seen it online even cheaper. I've seen the Panasonic and the Pioneer and I didn't think they looked any better. Just my opinion....

If anyone knows how to get into the service meny on a Samsung plasma let me know...the MUTE, 1 8 2 Power doesn't seem to work.

Stephen

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just got the Samsung 5039 today and I love it. It is a great value if you look at what is included: DVI, turner built in. High Def looks awesome. I got it for $6500 and have seen it online even cheaper. I've seen the Panasonic and the Pioneer and I didn't think they looked any better. Just my opinion....

If anyone knows how to get into the service meny on a Samsung plasma let me know...the MUTE, 1 8 2 Power doesn't seem to work.

Stephen

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Stephen, it works. Just start with the PDP turned off. Try it a few times if it doesn't work. But definately do it with the PDP turned off.

HTHs,

E. J.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I started with Avia, but then tweaked from there using the Rich Harkness Steaming Rat method. Search for Steaming Rat for more info.

Here are my settings for DVD:

C - 41

B - 49

S - 0

C - 39

T - 38-62

I tweak them every once in a while depending on how the picture looks at the time. But that is my starting point on DVDs. The settings for composite, s-video and HD are slightly different depending on how they look to me.

Good luck and HTHs,

E. J.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Stephen, I answered your question on a different thread, but Mute-1-8-2-Power works, just start with tv turned off when you do it.

And I have not made any service menu changes, my settings above are the uer settings in the menu.

Contrast

Brightness

Sharpness

Color

Tint

Good luck,

E. J.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.