AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. This is my first post on the forum. I'm not new to HD having a full HD home theater for the last two years, but i have a problem with the new Samsung HP-S5053 Plasma that I just bought for the living room. Everything is fine when i watch a dvd, but when running through my dvr ( Scientific Atrlanta 8300HD) the picture looks streched unless I set it to 420p. At 420p it looks fine, but as soon as I go to 720p or 1080i it looks streched. I'm using HDMI and the tv automatically eliminates the two zoom modes when using this connection. I went to the SA website and it says that you can change the zoom mode on the dvr by hitting the # buttom, but on mine it does nothing. I'm hoping one of you experts has seen this problem and can help me fix it.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrod-Mike /forum/post/0

Hello everyone. This is my first post on the forum. I'm not new to HD having a full HD home theater for the last two years, but i have a problem with the new Samsung HP-S5053 Plasma that I just bought for the living room. Everything is fine when i watch a dvd, but when running through my dvr ( Scientific Atrlanta 8300HD) the picture looks streched unless I set it to 420p. At 420p it looks fine, but as soon as I go to 720p or 1080i it looks streched. I'm using HDMI and the tv automatically eliminates the two zoom modes when using this connection. I went to the SA website and it says that you can change the zoom mode on the dvr by hitting the # buttom, but on mine it does nothing. I'm hoping one of you experts has seen this problem and can help me fix it.

Thanks,

Mike

I have a normal SA cable box hooked up in HDMI and I can zoom in and out to normal 1080i res so it's not the tv unless it's defective. It's a normal cable box not a dvr but just so you know I can zoom thru the hdmi connection.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to my cable provider today and had them give me another DVR and wouldn't you know it the problem is gone. I guess I just had a bad DVR. Strange that only one small feature was not working. I would have thought there would be other problems as well. I'm just happy that I can watch tv in normal mode again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.