AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased and received a Samsung HLM 507W. I also have a new Philips Series 2 Tivo. I tried to program my Tivo remote to control my TV also. But the volume button only take it up one notch per time. I can't hold down the button and have the volume increase or decrease. Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Same thing here, with my Philips Series 1 TiVo and both the HLM and HLN 507W. What's more, my TiVo remote's Volume buttons have to be pressed very firmly to get even one unit of change!

Good thing I don't use the TiVo remote at all anymore. (I've been using the RCA RCU800 (which also does just one notch at a time, and has other problems too) and the Marantz RC-18SR (once deemed the Remote of the Gods, it does change the volume continuously when the buttons are held down).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had that problem and others with the tivo remote so I purchased the mx-500, works great for tivo.

There instructions say for volume to hold the button longer for two signals to be transmitted when programming the remore from another remote, that enables the hold down feature for volume. Unfortunately it does not seem to work for the tivo remote but does of course with the mx-500

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.