AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Provide full model and version from sticker on side of Tv.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
You have an LED based DLP so there is no colorwheel. If this problem happens on all inputs, Tv menus, and internal test patterns then you may have a defective Red LED (about $100) and/or LED Driver Board (about $100) and there may be a problem finding these parts. Also, these sets are not as easy to diagnose and perform repairs on as lamp based dlps. I suggest you get a diagnosis/estimate from a repair shop.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for you assistance, I had a guy come yesterday to give me an estimate, he checked the cables in the back, connected the cable direct tpo the tv, changed the channels, played with the settings (granted these are all things I had done myself) he didn't so much as pull the tv away from the wall let alone take the back off, his diagnoses was that the "light engine" was bad and gestimated $900 to repair but would get back to me with an actual quote which he hasn't. I also told him that in my research that I questioned whether this set had a color wheel, he claimed they all did! Took my $50 for diagnosing tyhe problem and left.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
That's strange because on this model it's probably impossible to get the light engine as a whole unit. You can however get the individual parts (you need) that make up the engine. You can do some searching at Andrews Electronics and Encompass Parts (login as guest & search).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts