AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to pull the trigger on the 550 from Amazon. I can get this set Also, how long does it normally take for someone to receive their tv via Amazon?

I really was hoping to wait for the 52a630 model to come out, but no one seems to have any new info on this set. I just hope the 550 does not have too much noticeable motion blur, as I watch a TON of baseball, football, and basketball. What do you guys think about the motion blur for these particular sports.

I am moving into my new home in a week, and I do not want to go too long without a tv. If the 630 was coming out for certain in August, I would certainly wait, but no one can confirm the release date. Also, what it the typical length HDMI cables should be? I want to order them through monoprice, but do not know what length to order. I have never owned a flat screen HDTV before. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I don't know about motion blur with your particular set, but there is no blur if you have a very good signal which isn't compressed too much by your provider. If FIOS is available where you are going, get it and you won't have any blur.

One week is normal for Amazon delivery barring any problems. Just be sure you are ordering from Amazon themselves. Your HDMI cable should be long enuf to connect whatever you are attaching to the tv or receiver with about one foot of slack left over.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info., I will either be getting comcast or FIOS, prob. whichever is cheaper. Will comcast work good for the a550 with regards to motion blurring? I am assuming comcast will be cheaper, although I have not looked into it yet. Any other information, I will certainly appreciate!

·
Registered
440 Posts
let me give you my opinion on motion blur. i was at BestBuy today, they had a xbox360 hooked up to a Sony Z4000 40".

I was playing a game, just moving a character from one end of the screen to the other and the objects were leaving trails, colors were shifting. Same as on my 2006 Samsung LCD.

If you see motion blur on one LCD, you'll see it on all of them, today or 5 years from now - it's a tech flaw. Keep that in mind.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I ordered my 52A550 from Amazon too. Free shipping took only 5 days. Ordered on a Wednesday (Jun 25) and called me Friday to schedule delivery. I could have gotten it earlier on Friday but they told me they'll just bring it Monday morning (Jun 30) since it was already late for the day. I find their delivery very fast although expected date was July 7th. Regarding motion blur i haven't encountered any although i haven't played games on it PS3/XBox, just cable and PC. And reading from the Official A550 thread, majority are happy and haven't read about someone complaining about motion blur.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cram10 /forum/post/14271234

thanks for the info., I will either be getting comcast or FIOS, prob. whichever is cheaper. Will comcast work good for the a550 with regards to motion blurring? I am assuming comcast will be cheaper, although I have not looked into it yet. Any other information, I will certainly appreciate!

If you can get FIOS, don't even think about Comcast. You are getting a real nice tv, feed it an excellent signal and you will get what you pay for, feed it crap from Comcast and you will have all sorts of picture problems. I have last years LNT 4053, which is only 768p and we never have any blur with FIOS. With Comcast there was always some pixelation and artifacts on the screen and they are compressing signals even more now than when I had their service. Just my opinion ofcourse.

The prices are very competetive and FIOS has a bundle deal which is very attractive. I have had both and FIOS is so much better.

I don't work for Verizon, and they are not perfect, but the picture they send to your home is the best available.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts