AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at two different Samsung models and would like some input on both of them. First is a UN55HU6840FXZA, and the other is a UN55HU6840. So you folks that own one, or you folks with more knowledge than me of 4K TV'S please let me know how they perform, or if worth buying. My living room is small, so a bigger TV would over power the room. I had a Vizio P50, but it died after 52 days, and Vizio would not repair or replace it, so I am done with them. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
17,447 Posts
I am looking at two different Samsung models and would like some input on both of them. First is a UN55HU6840FXZA, and the other is a UN55HU6840. So you folks that own one, or you folks with more knowledge than me of 4K TV'S please let me know how they perform, or if worth buying. My living room is small, so a bigger TV would over power the room. I had a Vizio P50, but it died after 52 days, and Vizio would not repair or replace it, so I am done with them. Thank you in advance.
I'm pretty sure those are the same tvs. And as long as you don't mind a lower end 60hz tv then u should be fine! Lol what's your budget?

·
Registered
17,447 Posts
Looking to stay around $1000 area.
Definitely going to be pretty limited in that price range. Your best option might be to check around local best buys etc and see if they have any open box deals on the better models and try to snag them for lower prices.

·
Registered
17,447 Posts
I been looking that the 50" 8550, but not sure if I want to spend that much right now. But thank you for your advice.
The new 2015 ju7100 is actually cheaper than the 8550 and a few people who have seen both say the 7100 looks better. So you should keep track of that tv it'll eventually drop in price too. The 55 inch is 1799 but has all the newest software and picture engine and much better motion than the 8550. There is no 50 incher though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts