AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SAMSUNG 55B6000

Hope to hear from some of the owners of this LCD LED TV.

Am not a "connoisseur" of these devices but wanted to get an LCD for my family room that faces east, ceiling to floor windows, lots of light.

So we got a 55" Samsung LCD LED (UN55B6000).

Works beautifully unless the image/movie is dark. The blacks are "blotchy", not uniform and that really impacts the cinematic experience. If the black was not deep (but say, dark grey) it would be OK as long as it was uniform. But the black is patchy as if you are seeing the Milky Way across the screen, very annoying. I had it calibrated without success.

So I changed it for a different unit, same model, and have the same problem! even after calibration.

Any of you out there noticed the same type of problem with this model? is it because of the size of the screen (I have a 32" Sony LCD that doesn't have that issue), is it just my luck and should I get another unit? or should I just get a plasma TV?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've got the same tv. The problem you're referring to has been dubbed "clouding" and seems to be a downside of this type of led lighting. My tv does the exact same thing. For a tv this expensive, it sucks, but you just have to deal with it. Mine hasn't really been that much of a problem since calibration. However, I have noticed a "stuck" pixel that's really ticked me off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks SONHOUSE any ideas for upgrades? Am seriously thinking of trading it in. The unit is good if it just was not for the "blotchiness" (cloudiness sounds too nice).

·
Registered
20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchard /forum/post/18311391

Thanks SONHOUSE any ideas for upgrades? Am seriously thinking of trading it in. The unit is good if it just was not for the "blotchiness" (cloudiness sounds too nice).

I agree. The tv is very nice and has a great picture. The clouding is a super big thorn in the side though. As far as upgrades.....I'd think sticking with a non-led backlit tv would be the way to go. As far as particular models go....I'm not informed enough to help you there. Good luck though!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts