AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently I can get the Sammy from Amazon with free return or the Sony from Ultimate. With the killer price on the Sony it will be about $500 more which I am willing to pay if it is a better display.

Can anyone comment on:

1. blacks

2. motion

3. screen uniformity

4. sharpness of display

5. flashlighting/clouding

Thanks! 3D is not a factor in my decision making.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I just replaced my Samsung 55B650 with a new Sony 55NX810, and the Sony is clearly a winner. I love the design of it, and people did make fun of my Samsung with it's V-chin design.

But the Sony does have better contrast = deeper blacks. Sony does have the best motion processing. Both sets of mine have good screen uniformity.

But my Samsung has a "CMO" panel vs a "Samsung" panel.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Do-It-Yourself /forum/post/19638470

I just replaced my Samsung 55B650 with a new Sony 55NX810, and the Sony is clearly a winner. I love the design of it, and people did make fun of my Samsung with it's V-chin design.

But the Sony does have better contrast = deeper blacks. Sony does have the best motion processing. Both sets of mine have good screen uniformity.

But my Samsung has a "CMO" panel vs a "Samsung" panel.

Do you see any clouding/flashlighting on the Sony? Also is the display sharp enough?

·
Registered
2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandaroy /forum/post/19638855

Do you see any clouding/flashlighting on the Sony? Also is the display sharp enough?

Just bought a NX810 a couple of days ago. very happy with it. asking people if theres any flash lighting/clouding on any set, be it sony, samsung, lg, etc. is pointless. its luck of the draw. every set has a chance for some kind of flash lighting.

the set i got has no detectable flash lighting, i got lucky.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nykad /forum/post/19644354

Just bought a NX810 a couple of days ago. very happy with it. asking people if theres any flash lighting/clouding on any set, be it sony, samsung, lg, etc. is pointless. its luck of the draw. every set has a chance for some kind of flash lighting.

the set i got has no detectable flash lighting, i got lucky.

I tried to look for flashlight or clouding at the store, but did not see it, but the place was well lit, so who knows. I guess I will have to take a chance and see how it works out. Are you happy with the sharpness of the pic?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts