AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to buy a Samsung 5781 today, but when I arrived at the retailers he had an email from Samsung confirming this panel had been discontinued and that there would be a replacement panel in April (???)! I really, really liked this T.V. so I am somewhat disappointed. I am curious to see how good the replacement is. Does any one have any idea why this particular model has been discontinued (I saw the email confirming this, but no explaination)?

Cheers,

Grant

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Samsung only produces the 81 series in a limited quantity so I guess once they reach that goal, they just stop making more! The Series 7, 750, should be out in May BUT it's not LED so don't expect it to be like the 81 series.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Vanns which is a reputable online electronic reseller from Montana has Samsung LN-T5781F in stock right now.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
It could be the fact that they have made the damn TV too damn expensive - the previous version was not LED and sold much better and was a better value, Samsung has forced their vendors not to discount on the 81 series or at least keep it to a minimum. When's the last time you saw an owners thread on a 57" Samsung 81 series?

You can get a 65' Sharp for several thousand less. I'd much prefer a 71 series or it's replacement that people can afford at lets say $5K versus this $8K beast and perhaps the new version won't have all the TBE and stutter issues.

The longer they stick with the LED without discounting the longer we'll wait for a 70" that's affordable to consumers when the assinine price is around $60K who the hell cares if it costs more than a BMW convertible. If they decide to keep the prices at those levels who the hell cares if LED survives.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts