AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just upgraded the firmware on my TX-NR809 which is connected to my Samsung PN58C7000 aussie version. Before the upgrade I'd turn the TV on and the amp would also turn on with Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) enabled and I'd get the click and have sound from the TV using ARC.

Now when I turn on the TV the amp still turns on but no sound from the TV or any other source. I now have to select the Amp source from my TV (HDMI-2), then switch source back to TV to get TV sound through the amp.

What is going on?

Thanks Homer

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have almost the same setup and the exact same issue, where i have to now switch to an hdmi channel and switch back to tv before the receiver connects.

Did you get a fix to this?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have almost the same setup and the exact same issue, where i have to now switch to an hdmi channel and switch back to tv before the receiver connects.

Did you get a fix to this?
Two years later, I still have the same issue with my TX-NR709 and Samsung PN64D8000 and no fix! :(
I think the problem is the Samsung, which probably activates ARC only after it starts communication trough the related HDMI input (i.e. the HDMI channel with arc), so you need to switch the TV source on that HDMI channel at least one time.

Nicola

1 - 4 of 4 Posts