AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a JVC LCOS 61 ". That needs to be replaced, from the reviews I've read the Samsung is a great tv. Normally I ask a guy from work on this advice but he quit and moved on. So, my question is this a good upgrade for me? I mainly care about 2D performance viewing sports and action movies with a little of game play. Thxs!

·
Registered
20,911 Posts
Welll people are focused on the new sets and you r thread probably got pushed.....

How much are you loking to spend?

What is your viewing setting? (batcave, bright room, light controlled room)

What kind of media will you be watching?

The e6500 and e7000 are good sets and since they are last years models (2012) they can be had at a discount.......

For the prices I ahve seen though I might go with an ST60 over them personally as the 60" can be had for around $1500......

There are a ton of threads just like this however which have plenty of answers which is another reason people tend to "skp" threads like this.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Relatively bright room, plenty of window with standard blinds. $1500 is the ball park I wanted to stay in. I watch mostly action movie and sports. Been thinking a led might be better suited due to the ambient light.

·
Registered
20,911 Posts
if you do a large amount of viewing during teh day then yes an LCD might be more what you are looking for, but there are drawbacks with LCD jsut ass there are with Plasma......You might want to check out the S64 which is the S60 from Panasonic but with a filter on it to help with ambient light and reflections etc.......I know the initial rollout will be limited so you will probably have to jump if you see one and like it....The S64 will be available at "club" stores such as Costco andd Sams Club....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.