AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am days away from buying a new 60" - 61" and have pretty much decided on the Samsung LED/DLP

The Sammy 61" LED comes in 2 diff versions: the 6187 and the pricier 6189

I printed up the spec sheets and for all intents and purposes the sets are the same with Bluetooth and USB 2.0 being added to the 6189

Pardon my ignorance, but is BT something that the average user needs? The specs said you could use it for wireless headphones.

I am more interested in USB 1.0 vs. the 2.0 found in the top of the line model.

Is the USB 2.0 something I might benefit from? What new technology will the 2.0 allow for?

I am a gamer (PS3 & X-Box Elite) and I will be going HD-PVR Sat. I have yet to get my consoles online but will do that as soon as I get the new set.

·
Registered
824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxxus /forum/post/0

I am days away from buying a new 60" - 61" and have pretty much decided on the Samsung LED/DLP

I printed up the spec sheets and for all intents and purposes the sets are the same with Bluetooth and USB 2.0 being added to the 6189

Pardon my ignorance, but is BT something that the average user needs? The specs said you could use it for wireless headphones.

Is the USB 2.0 something I might benefit from? What new technology will the 2.0 allow for?

I am a gamer (PS3 & X-Box Elite) and I will be going HD-PVR Sat. I have yet to get my consoles online but will do that as soon as I get the new set.

I have a 6188 with USB. The USB is so unreliable that it is useless. The rest of the set is great.

·
Registered
895 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxxus /forum/post/0

The other major differences between the 87 and 89 series is the 89 has HDMI 1.3 and PIP. Are these worth 500 more @ this stage? I didn't think so, I went with the 87 series.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts