AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if BestBuy is selling the Samsung 617W? The stores here in Atlanta tells me that the set is in their computer, but they will not be able to deliver it. The story that they give me is that BestBuy is "authorized" to sell the 4365 and 5065 "lower end" sets. The 617w is part of the "middle series" as is the 437w and 507w. Since BestBuy is not selling this series, they cannot sell the 617w.

Any thoughts?

Jim Bell

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I checked yesterday. They don't have it. CC does, on its website.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I don't think BestBuy does or ever has sold the 617w. They sell some kind of "special" version of the sets (the 4365 and 5065 you mention) but I don't think a 61" is on the list at all. I'm not sure why they don't just sell the regular line, unless their special version is engineered to be cheaper. BestBuy does not consider itself to cater to the higher end market.

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by BTDT
I don't think BestBuy does or ever has sold the 617w. They sell some kind of "special" version of the sets (the 4365 and 5065 you mention) but I don't think a 61" is on the list at all. I'm not sure why they don't just sell the regular line, unless their special version is engineered to be cheaper. BestBuy does not consider itself to cater to the higher end market.
They are "branded" to sell cheaper but engineered the same. It also avoids price matching between CC and BB because they do not sell the "same" models.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.