AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2820 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spoke with Samsung USA regarding the 630 series. They confirmed a US release on it, but would not confirm actual model numbers. I will buy the 52" in a heartbeat! Samsung has a gaping hole in their lineup without a matte 120hz model, and this looks perfect! It appears to have the base of the 750 in the picture. MSRP on the 52" is $2,699, $300 less than the 650 model. I'm guessing the 10,000 extra dynamic contrast & glossy screen on the 650 is worth $300 to someone?

1920 h x 1080 v resolution

40000:1 dynamic contrast

Wiselink USB 2.0

Wide color enhancer

Fast 4 ms response time

SRS trusurround xt

3x HDMI & pc input

Toc process

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick TX /forum/post/14172558


I just spoke with Samsung USA regarding the 630 series. They confirmed a US release on it, but would not confirm actual model numbers. I will buy the 52" in a heartbeat! Samsung has a gaping hole in their lineup without a matte 120hz model, and this looks perfect! It appears to have the base of the 750 in the picture. MSRP on the 52" is $2,699, $300 less than the 650 model. I'm guessing the 10,000 extra dynamic contrast & glossy screen on the 650 is worth $300 to someone?

1920 h x 1080 v resolution

40000:1 dynamic contrast

Wiselink USB 2.0

Wide color enhancer

Fast 4 ms response time

SRS trusurround xt

3x HDMI & pc input

Toc process


What about Auto Motion plus, the 4th HDMI connection and the remote?


Mosh~~
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would assume that the 630 has AMP, since it is a 600 series with 120HZ. You are correct on the extra HDMI in, but 3 is fine by me. Hopefully the 3 are in the back (I hate the side ones). I also wonder if it has the buttons or touch controls.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,822 Posts
Interesting development, now is the screen semi-matte like the 550 series or fully matte like the 61 and 69 series? I would assume its like the 550, their newer panels, but any word on this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
I just found that an online vendor, abcwarehouse, lists the new "SAMSUNG LN52A630

(Item 24767) 52" 1080p LCD HDTV with 120hz auto motion plus" and lists that "This New Model Is Expected August 2008". Hopefully earlier August versus dragging into Sept before availability.


If it has a matte finish, than I'll wait and buy this tv. The two things keeping me from buying the 52a650 is the glossy screen (my family room is solid windows on 3 of 4 walls) and the red TOC. I will live with the toc if at least I can get a matte screen. Otherwise, I'm considering the 52w4100 or toshiba 52xf55ou or waiting for the xbr6. Samsung is the best for the money, but two strikes is too many to settle on the tv, get rid of the matte, and I am all over this tv.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,185 Posts
at least the bezel is thinner, they should change thee 650's frame to this one. Also they really need to stop it with the TOC, or get out some new colors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,896 Posts
So it's more like an A550 with 120Hz AMP, pretty much. It's gonna be tough to see if this would be any better than the Z4100, or even the W4100, as far as matte-screened 120Hz LCDs. I'd still much rather deal with the glossy screen and go with the A750, tho.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivendriver /forum/post/14172617


If only it didn't have ToC ...

Everybody that has seen this TV does not notice the TOC......heck, I have a very bright room and it looks like a black bezel and nothing more. Sometimes if your off angle or walk past the A650 you'll notice a slight TOC....but I don't even notice it!!!


it's the PQ that counts and the A650 has that part "locked up".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
is this new model going to have the clear panel/edge around the tv like the 750? It looks like it does from the picture. If so, doesn't this create the "halo" effect like some 750 owners have complained about? Or is it going to look like the 650, with no clear panel?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cram10 /forum/post/14206633


is this new model going to have the clear panel/edge around the tv like the 750? It looks like it does from the picture. If so, doesn't this create the "halo" effect like some 750 owners have complained about? Or is it going to look like the 650, with no clear panel?

Who knows, it's not out yet for anyone to go look and see. I have the 750 and to me the "Halo" effect doesn't bother me one bit, the TV picture sucks you in so you don't even notice it.


Mosh~~
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My local dealer spoke with is Samsung Rep yesterday regarding the LN52A630, and he confirmed the 52 is a go. I have a problem though, deep lust over the 750. I LOVE the way the TV looks, on AND off. The TOC / bezel just looks awesome on the 7 series. I really don't like the 650, too much colored plastic. It does have a killer picture though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
this is great news...a 52" set with the 650 physical appearance and matte screen. Now my only problem is I move into my new home on July 18, and I have to wait until August to buy this model. Again, please keep me updated on if it is going to be released early August or end of August. Thanks for the information.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick TX /forum/post/14172558


I'm guessing the 10,000 extra dynamic contrast & glossy screen on the 650 is worth $300 to someone?

Only to people who want an LCD that looks as good as a Plasma...


I don't know what Samsung is smoking to tell you the truth. The 630 should be a 120Hz Black Bezel LCD with glossy screen. Seriously, if you can afford a 6 or 7 series Samsung, then you can afford some good window blinds. I've seen them in stores side by side with the Panasonic "anti-glare" Plasma's and the Panasonic's have way more glare.


The "ToC" on the other hand is an entirely different **** up all together
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8IronBob /forum/post/14185573


So it's more like an A550 with 120Hz AMP, pretty much. It's gonna be tough to see if this would be any better than the Z4100, or even the W4100, as far as matte-screened 120Hz LCDs. I'd still much rather deal with the glossy screen and go with the A750, tho.

Bob,


You might want to see what the 630 has to offer. It may resolve the glare, halo, and dust magnet problems. Some say the "600" series has better PQ than the "700" series.


Another month waiting may be worthwhile.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,163 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by googleme7 /forum/post/14223234


Only to people who want an LCD that looks as good as a Plasma...


I don't know what Samsung is smoking to tell you the truth. The 630 should be a 120Hz Black Bezel LCD with glossy screen. Seriously, if you can afford a 6 or 7 series Samsung, then you can afford some good window blinds. I've seen them in stores side by side with the Panasonic "anti-glare" Plasma's and the Panasonic's have way more glare.


The "ToC" on the other hand is an entirely different **** up all together



We don't all want to live in a cave if you do great, this TV is for those that want to live in the light of day or god forbid have a lamp.


I don't know what your smoking but you and your morlock friends can get the 650 or 750 and pretend that the TVs don't reflect "that bad".
 
1 - 20 of 2820 Posts
Top