AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to update my "old" 61 sammy dlp. Narrowed it down to 2, the sammy 63b590 or the panny 65v10. The buzz on the sammy is a factor, but the colors seem to be brighter on the sammy (never seen the 65v10 but did see a smaller v10 model). Worried about the glare, i have windows on the right of the set. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
107 Posts
question is...how long can you wait?

Im going with V10, but who knows when its coming out.

I've heard the V10 is supposed to have improved antiglare screen on par with Samsungs, but that may have been pure speculation.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevesworld /forum/post/16980100

Going to update my "old" 61 sammy dlp. Narrowed it down to 2, the sammy 63b590 or the panny 65v10. The buzz on the sammy is a factor, but the colors seem to be brighter on the sammy (never seen the 65v10 but did see a smaller v10 model). Worried about the glare, i have windows on the right of the set. Any suggestions?

You can't go wrong either way. The 590 is avaiulable now, most people agree it has better color, its got the swivel stand if that matters to you and more user controls. If you are worried about the buzz, get it from a place with a return policy like Best Buy or Amazon. Most people don't have a buzz problem and you'll probably be fine. If you do get a bad buzzer, return it and wait for the V10. On the other hand the V10 will have a better black level and likely no buzz or 96Hz playback issues. It's likely cost more, at least for a while...

Good luck either way

·
Vendor
32,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citivas /forum/post/16981002

You can't go wrong either way.

+ 1. Samsung has better colors, Panasonic has better contrast ratio. I do not think one unit will out handle the other as far as glare goes.

·
Registered
188 Posts
You may also want to consider the off axis viewing as well if this matters in your situation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts