AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Mother  /t/1522652/samsung-64-f8500-for-2-479-99-nib-at-paulstv#post_24486308

Eric, I tried looking into the promotion but it would not let me apply the code. Did it work for you already?
Yup, just tried it again...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks OP! What a great deal, I just pulled the trigger on the 51" F8500. I'd been worried that I had lost my chance at getting it at $1500 after it went up in price recently to $1800. Thanks to this deal I was able to get it at $1440! Much appreciated!

edit: I should have used Ebates / Fatwallet to get an additional 2.5% off ($36) which would bring it down to $1400 but I was in a hurry and forgot and now I'm too scared to cancel the order and re-order in case they are out-of-stock.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Mother  /t/1522652/samsung-64-f8500-for-2-479-99-nib-at-paulstv#post_24487050

Please let us know. Also, would it qualify for free shipping? Lastly, does the 64F8500 put off much/any heat? This would be going in a bedroom and the less heat the better.
Let you know what? If Amazon will price match? They did which is what I posted. It was on an LED but same coupon code and all.

Yes, free shipping.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Mother  /t/1522652/samsung-64-f8500-for-2-479-99-nib-at-paulstv#post_24487397

Thanks Eric. I misunderstood you. I thought you were in the process of confirming with Amazon, not that you were confirming with us. Lol

Do you have any idea when the promo ends with Paul's TV?

John
I believe it might be tomorrow but I would probably jump on today just in case.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Promo code still works at Paul's TV as of this morning. I just purchased it through Amazon (and confirmed the price match). Thanks for posting this killer deal. I've wanted this television for a while but considered waiting for the H7000. With that model now dead, this was a no brainer. Thanks again!

·
Registered
3 Posts

DJWV and eric3316,   I am new to this forum, thanks for the tip on the great deal promo code on the F8500. I own the 51" F8500, and wanted to purchase the 64" F8500, from Amazon, at a lower price than the current $ 3097.00. One question though, I read on the Amazon site that they only price match within 14 days after the unit has been shipped from Amazon. I fear that If I order from Amazon today at $ 3097.00, by the time it is shipped in 5 days, the Paul's TV promo code will have expired, and the set will no longer be eligible for the 20% discounted price match from Amazon. Please enlighten me. I e-mailed Paul's TV, to see how long their coupon code will be valid, although, I am sure they will respond that they don't reveal when the code will expire. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacific1000  /t/1522652/samsung-64-f8500-for-2-479-99-nib-at-paulstv#post_24489338

DJWV and eric3316,   I am new to this forum, thanks for the tip on the great deal promo code on the F8500. I own the 51" F8500, and wanted to purchase the 64" F8500, from Amazon, at a lower price than the current $ 3097.00. One question though, I read on the Amazon site that they only price match within 14 days after the unit has been shipped from Amazon. I fear that If I order from Amazon today at $ 3097.00, by the time it is shipped in 5 days, the Paul's TV promo code will have expired, and the set will no longer be eligible for the 20% discounted price match from Amazon. Please enlighten me. I e-mailed Paul's TV, to see how long their coupon code will be valid, although, I am sure they will respond that they don't reveal when the code will expire. Thanks.
Amazon will price match immediately. No need to wait for it to ship.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Don't buy from Pauls TV...once you hit the payment button, the discount disappears and you'll end up paying full price. The order email confirmation shows full price with no discount. Happened to me last night and I ended up canceling the order this morning. In my book, that is pure shady business.

Amazon price matched and received my business.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Thanks very much eric3316, I will order from Amazon today. Your help will save me a ton of money on this awesome set. Thanks again. I would guess that I would e-mail Amazon, and receive a call back, then tell them about the deal at Paul's TV, to price match. I had not done this before. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacific1000  /t/1522652/samsung-64-f8500-for-2-479-99-nib-at-paulstv#post_24489743

Thanks very much eric3316, I will order from Amazon today. Your help will save me a ton of money on this awesome set. Thanks again. I would guess that I would e-mail Amazon, and receive a call back, then tell them about the deal at Paul's TV, to price match. I had not done this before. Thanks for your help.
Just call Amazon, or you can probably chat as well after placing your order and tell them you want a price match to Paul's. I wouldn't go through email, you should take care of it immediately with a live person.

Good luck with your TV!

·
Registered
3 Posts

Thanks eric3316 for all your help. You guys on AVS forums are amazing. I called Amazon, spoke with a service representative, and they did indeed match Paul's TV price of 20% off. I placed my order on the 64" Samsung F8500, at a savings of $620.00. It's looks like this might be the last year to grab this great plasma model, and I really like my 51" F8500 in the bedroom. I wanted the 64" for the living room, although $3097.00 is pretty steep. I would have never known about this deal, or price matching, without input from this forum. I could'nt be happier.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97  /t/1522652/samsung-64-f8500-for-2-479-99-nib-at-paulstv#post_24487202

It's a plasma, so yea, it does produce heat especially since it's a fanless design. How much is hard to quantify...maybe an owner can chime in.

I don't think it being fanless makes it's hotter. I mean, the tv might get hotter, but a fan would just push that heat into the room, not stop it from being produced.

in any event, yeah, it uses some juice, so it'll give off some heat. that being said, my basement still never seems to get about 15C, it's sweater weather down here no matter what I do, so I can't really comment on the heat mine gives off

1 - 20 of 52 Posts