AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

so i recently picked up the 6 Series from PC Richards, got a great deal on it, got home, hooked it up to FIOS and when i went to turn on the TV, the status bar on the top told me i was running @ only 60hz!!! I putzed around the menus for awhile and couldnt find anything on how to turn the TV to 120hz.

Then, i called samsung and asked them. the rude girl there told me that if the FIOS box isnt pumping out 120, then i wont get 120. So i asked what about xbox 360, and she said if i get one, it should go to 120- not the case. I went out yesterday, picked up a 360 and hooked it up with HDMI cables and the same thing. I even got the 120HZ monster HDMI.

Can anyone help me turn on the automotion?

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
What you see is the input from the device (cable box, xbox, or whatever) and the tv would automatically convert it to 120Hz. This topic has been discussed many times in the A650's owners thread.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1007540

p.s. Is there such a thing as 120Hz HDMI cable?

·
Registered
179 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus2007 /forum/post/14273535

What you see is the input from the device (cable box, xbox, or whatever) and the tv would automatically convert it to 120Hz. This topic has been discussed many times in the A650's owners thread.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1007540

I would be very surprised if the Samsung could even accept a 120hz signal, no content is 120fps from cable, satellited, ota, game consoles, etc. It's just the lowest common multiple of 24, 30, and 60 and is for the internal refresh rate so that the set can smoothly display content with varying framerates. It's like the native display resolution of your set, which is 1080P, but even if you feed the TV a 720P signal it will internally convert it and display it at 1080P... I'm guessing the set is just displaying the framerate for the source, not the framerate that the set is displaying - otherwise all of your content would show up as 1080P/120, which wouldn't really be very informative, huh.

·
Registered
47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus2007 /forum/post/14273535

According to some sales people at BB and CC...yes. If you buy a set that has 120hz refresh rate then you absolutely need to buy their $$$ monster cable to be able to take advantage of the feature.

UTTER B.S. - lmao

1 - 4 of 4 Posts