AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you compare these sets 65HU9000 now $3499 and 65JU7500 $2999 and 65JU7100 $2799 JU's for 2015 models we all know, which one you would go for and why?
Right now 65HU9000 specials they given away 32" TV and UHD video pack with it so basically TV becomes almost a same price with 65JU7500.
Which one has better PQ and overall upper hand? I rather not go with curve and if you throw in 7100 series (flat screen) in this which set shines better than others?
Basically main thing should be PQ first than obviously features and so on.

·
Registered
509 Posts
If you compare these sets 7500 and 7100 for 2015 models which one you would go for and why?
Right now 65HU9000 specials they given away 32" TV and UHD video pack with it so basically they become a same price with 65JU7500.
Which one has better PQ and overall upper hand? I rather not go with curve and if you throw in 7100 series in this which set shines better than others?
Basically main thing should be PQ first than obviously features and so on.
I was just in the same boat and took an offer I couldn't refuse. $2,700 after tax for the HU9000 TS01 display model . The Samsung Rep at Best Buy told me that his contacts at Samsung have assured him that the 7500 would out perform the HU9000 and the motion is supposedly a MAJOR improvement. I have seen the JS9000 and I can confirm that atleast on that model I saw there was absolutely no blur, judder, ghosting, artifacting, etc... etc... The PQ on the HU9000 is very pleasing and I am extremely anal and hard to please. I have 0 uniformity issues or banding, clouding and blooming. I only have a few areas of flash-lighting in a couple corners that are very minimal and one area on the side that is hardly noticeable. It has inky blacks, the color is vibrant and the clarity is stunning, almost plasma like depth and richness/crispness outside of Satellite. Textures look rather life-like. Leaves on trees and bushes are breath-taking as well as cityscapes and wilderness. I also prefer glossy/semi-gloss screens for the plasma like "pop." I actually think the TV looks better in the day-time where this comes into effect. There is some judder here and there on Satellite but I haven't experimented with the AMP yet. I haven't noticed any on 4k sources yet.

Hopefully the one-connect box offers quite a few upgrades in PQ as well. I told myself that the odds were low of a 2015 4th tier TV out-performing 2014's " flagship " model. Peak Illuminator and the TIZEN O.S. is the only real difference that I see on paper as being an advantage for the 7500 but how well that is implemented is anyone's guess. It would probably come down to price as neither set is HDR or WCG. For my situation, I was able to buy the HU9000 without regret as I fully intend to break the bank and get a FALD, HDR, WCG set in 2016 when they are on 2nd gen and there is hopefully content available plus when I see what Panasonic, Sony, Sharp and LG offer later this year in regard to HDR. Samsung may also offer closer to 98% of the DCI color space next year.

·
Registered
17,373 Posts
The curved models will have the better picture quality, Samsung is putting their "best stuff" into their curves on purpose. Initially the 7500 may have a better picture, but the one connect upgrade in may for the 9000 could/should bring extra features/new engines that will make the PQ better.

As Howard says, I can't see the the 4th and 5th tier tv this year be better than last year's flagship. So I expect big upgrades, including possibly peak illuminator which simply moves unused energy on the screen and making other LEDs go a little brighter.

·
Banned
6,246 Posts
The curved models will have the better picture quality, Samsung is putting their "best stuff" into their curves on purpose. Initially the 7500 may have a better picture, but the one connect upgrade in may for the 9000 could/should bring extra features/new engines that will make the PQ better.

As Howard says, I can't see the the 4th and 5th tier tv this year be better than last year's flagship. So I expect big upgrades, including possibly peak illuminator which simply moves unused energy on the screen and making other LEDs go a little brighter.
Personally I think it's possible 7500 is the same panel as the 9000 with the new 4k engine chips etc.9500/9000 they just add a extra film of blue quantum dots and add full array.Quantum dots on 9500/9000 allow with the onboard chip to do HDR on regular content..Samsung does not just abandon previous years panel they improve them or put them in different line as advancements are made.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Personally I think it's possible 7500 is the same panel as the 9000 with the new 4k engine chips etc.9500/9000 they just add a extra film of blue quantum dots and add full array.Quantum dots on 9500/9000 allow with the onboard chip to do HDR on regular content..Samsung does not just abandon previous years panel they improve them or put them in different line as advancements are made.
The JS9000 is edge-lit and isn't HDR capable. You are probably right that the 7500 will have the HU9000 panel with improvements to motion and brightens/contrast. Isn't the HU8700 the same panel as well? If he buys new now wouldn't he get the QS04 panel with NOvatek?

·
Banned
6,246 Posts
The JS9000 is edge-lit and isn't HDR capable. You are probably right that the 7500 will have the HU9000 panel with improvements to motion and brightens/contrast. Isn't the HU8700 the same panel as well? If he buys new now wouldn't he get the QS04 panel with NOvatek?
the 9000 does do HDR.Yes the 8700 is the same panel as 9000

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was just in the same boat and took an offer I couldn't refuse. $2,700 after tax for the HU9000 TS01 display model . The Samsung Rep at Best Buy told me that his contacts at Samsung have assured him that the 7500 would out perform the HU9000 and the motion is supposedly a MAJOR improvement. I have seen the JS9000 and I can confirm that atleast on that model I saw there was absolutely no blur, judder, ghosting, artifacting, etc... etc... The PQ on the HU9000 is very pleasing and I am extremely anal and hard to please. I have 0 uniformity issues or banding, clouding and blooming. I only have a few areas of flash-lighting in a couple corners that are very minimal and one area on the side that is hardly noticeable. It has inky blacks, the color is vibrant and the clarity is stunning, almost plasma like depth and richness/crispness outside of Satellite. Textures look rather life-like. Leaves on trees and bushes are breath-taking as well as cityscapes and wilderness. I also prefer glossy/semi-gloss screens for the plasma like "pop." I actually think the TV looks better in the day-time where this comes into effect. There is some judder here and there on Satellite but I haven't experimented with the AMP yet. I haven't noticed any on 4k sources yet.

Hopefully the one-connect box offers quite a few upgrades in PQ as well. I told myself that the odds were low of a 2015 4th tier TV out-performing 2014's " flagship " model. Peak Illuminator and the TIZEN O.S. is the only real difference that I see on paper as being an advantage for the 7500 but how well that is implemented is anyone's guess. It would probably come down to price as neither set is HDR or WCG. For my situation, I was able to buy the HU9000 without regret as I fully intend to break the bank and get a FALD, HDR, WCG set in 2016 when they are on 2nd gen and there is hopefully content available plus when I see what Panasonic, Sony, Sharp and LG offer later this year in regard to HDR. Samsung may also offer closer to 98% of the DCI color space next year.
Be honest i saw HU9000 at best buy BD was on and picture quality was mediocre at best, maybe it was their setting or something, it was really bad actually black levels and everything else what i was seeing. I'm sure it was the setting. They don't have any new JU series at the store for comparing. I won't go high on price they are asking for JS series.
Samsung making almost a same price last year flagship UH9000 to this year JU7500 (not exact same price but almost) means what?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just can't see the 7500 being as good as last years hu9000 since the 7500 55 inch is only 2 grand while the hu9000 55 is 3 grand and that's after a whole year of being out.. Something doesn't seem right.. If the 7500 is on par or better with the hu9000 I will return my 8550 55 that I brought for 1700 and pay the extra 300 for the 7500... Just can't see that being the case.. Geuss we will have to wait for reviews in the next few weeks... I have until April 3rd to return my 8550 so I am hoping for some good news on the 7500 before then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,373 Posts
The hu9000 has full one connect ability while the ju7500 has only one connect mini. The full one connect the 9000 has will upgrade it's processors and features and picture engine for a couple years, while the ju7500 will ONLY receive 4k standard upgrades. Just something else to consider.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts