AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just wondering if any you guys/gals out there has a loose screen on their set. Mine moves in easily 1/8" with no resistance. But only on the left side, the right does not move. If I walk by the set quickly I can also hear it slap on the left. When the guys delivered it they had it on its side. Don't know if that could of loosened the frame around the screen or not. Thanks in advance for any help or info you can give.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Bjorn, since you haven't got a reply, I'll give you my opinion (caveat, I have NOT opened my set to verify).

I believe part of the "attachment method" for the front screen to the surrounding bezel is double sided tape. I'm sure there are other mechancial anchor points around the screen, also.

So what may have happened (due to transport or something) is that the screen popped back some and lost good adhesion on that side.

Unless it really is flapping around, I'm remiss in telling you to do something for fear you might further the damage (and perhaps void your warranty).

But if you want to pursue this is what I would do...

Use flashlight to get a good view on the edge of the screen while you push it back a little. Do you see sticky tape? is it pulling or completely lost connection to the bezel? Assuming so for some lengths, now try and figure how to apply pressure to get them back in contact. Perhaps just pushing on the bezel enough will compress them together. Perhaps you could access from the internal access ports on the side (but be aware you could really mess things up if you touch the "mirror" or drop something (tool, dust, dirt, arm hair!) down into the bottom where the lens assembly is). Perhaps you can find a suction cup to apply to the front of the screen that would allow you to pull the screen forward while pressing on the bezel. etc. etc.

But be careful.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is a good idea, it only flaps around if I walk by it quickly. When I do I can hear it slap on the loose side. I would fix it, but im thinking since im still within 30 days of buying it at Best Buy I may just replace it for another. My only fear is that when I exchange it this problem is better but that I amy get a set with one of the other problems these units have sometimes. The picture is good but damn if the loose left side just doesnt bother me. I kinda wish I would have never noticed it in the first place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts