AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello,

I apologize if this has already been asked but couldn't find a thread on this already. I'm planning on a buying a 55" TV and from what I've seen it looks like Samsung makes the best LED TV. I want to buy one today for Black Friday but not sure which of the top 3 models to buy. The biggest discounted model is the 7100 for about $1299 while the 7500 is $1899 and the 8000 us $2199. I'm someone who buys a nice TV but then keeps it until it die's so want to get a model that will last me for a least 5+ years. From what I've read it looks like all models have a 240 Hz refresh rate and the same resolution. The four big differences I noticed were:

1. Camera is only in the 7500 and 8000 versions. I wouldn't use it now but never know a few year from now. If I didn't have it probably don't care

2. Dual core in 7100 vs Quad Core in 7500 and 8000. Assuming this is only noticeable when running apps in Smart TV. Does this make a big difference in performance?

3. Smart Evolution capable only in the 7500 and 8000 versions. Does buying this upgrade really make a difference year over year?

4. Smart Interaction only in the 7500 and 8000 versions. Do people use this a lot or is it a gimmick?

5. Micro Dimming Standard vs. Pro vs. Ultimate. This is the feature I know the least about and wondering if you notice a dramatic difference between the three versions?

Before today I was really just looking at the 7500 and 8000 models but the best deal is in the 7100 model so hoping you all can point me in the right direction. Looking to get the model with the most value for the price. Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts