Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

Just signed on tonight after following various threads to better understand Home Theater since I am setting up for the first time. All the pieces are falling nicely into place but one thing remains -- the Samsung 931 which I will be purchasing the beginning of next month.

There are obvious strong feelings on both sides of the player's capabilities and it's ability to work with various HD monitors. In all the surfing I've done on the net I've only come up with one mention (Amazon.com) of the 931 with the Panny I own and it was very favorable. Over at AudioReview.com there was another that was less than favorable. I've not come across mention of the two here.

Does anyone have first hand experience or know of any others with a similar set up. I'm not exactly rolling in the dough, but I have carefully planned my money to put it all together and I am happy so far with the results. But, I really want to see something fairly close to hi-def on this monitor. I don't see myself investing DirecTV's hi-def plan any time soon and don't plan on a OTA HD receiver just yet either.

Your help is appreciated. Thanks!

Chris

·
Registered
13,955 Posts
Quite a few owners of PT-50LC13 have posted disappointing results here. Obviously the black crush problem of HD931 is pretty obvious on this TV as well. I won't buy this DVD player until Samsung fixed this black/white crush problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.